What is your Favorite crusin song.

Started by js27, November 02, 2018, 06:12:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Car-nutt

DodgeGuy

Quote from: Car-nutt on November 04, 2018, 02:01:02 PM
Thunder struck AC/DC

:iagree:

Our '74 Challenger came with the factory stereo (not hooked up) installed.  I told my wife that when I finally had a new stereo system installed, that Thunderstruck would be THE first song I played.

Sure enough, that's exactly the song I played.  I purchased a very nice Kenwood stereo/receiver, wired it into the aftermarket Pioneer 6x9's that already came in the car, and then topped it off by installing a Kicker amp and subwoofer, and man is it LOUD and sounds great.

Any and all AC/DC songs, Shoot to Thrill would be second.

And then from there, as many '80's heavy metal/hair band songs as you can name, followed by the grunge rock of the early 90's....and yep, you can guess when I grew up. lol
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

Spikedog08

Ya know, I am one that has been stuck in the past with classic rock!  I love it!  As a teenager in the Detroit area, in our spare time, we went to concerts!  EVERY WEEKEND!  Didn't matter really who was playing . . . we went!  There is an out door venue called PINE KNOB and we spent so much time there . . it was like a second home!  Back in the day, we were allowed to take kegs of beer into the venue and sit on the hill and drink and watch the show!  AMAZING times . . . but that has passed. 

So many times my wife would say . . . "How can you listen to those songs over and over again??  Me being a guitar player  . . . I would breakdown the song and determine who played what part of the song and how it all came together.  I would know every note! 

I think I have moved on now . . . I really don't listen to the older classic rock anymore and although I would never tell her . . . but she was right.  I was getting bored with the classis music as I had already deciphered the whole song many times  . . . how many times can you listen to the same song over and over again.  Me??  ALOT!

Classic rock is still AWESOME but I am now into a lot of the new rock music and that is what I listen to these days with all the stations that stream music . .  Pandora is my new best friend when it comes to music!   When we get together with friends, I let everyone pick a station on Pandora and then shuffle them . . . works great!  Everyone will get to hear something that they like sooner or later! 

Classic rock will always be a large part of my music heritage  . . . but at some point, I needed to move on and expand my music library . . .

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

I agree completely , I love complicated music , but I have moved on & listen to a lot more of the newer hard rock , I still visit some of the classics but I don't live there  :ohyeah:

Topcat

One I like is Breaking the Law Judas Priest.

Especially when the sirens and roaring cars sound in the song.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Topcat on November 05, 2018, 12:26:31 PM
One I like is Breaking the Law Judas Priest.

Especially when the sirens and roaring cars sound in the song.

When I was playing in a band back in my younger years, that was a song we would play . . . Have seen Judas Priest 6 or 7 times.  Having 2 lead guitars can make it challenging! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mark_B

Any of these cranked up to 10:

Thin Lizzy - Don't Believe A Word

Van Halen - Light Up the Sky

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Poison Whiskey
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

Mopsquad

Slow Ride - Foghat

Stranglehold - Ted Nugent

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Topcat

I know Cuda Hunter likes this song a lot too.

JH27N0B

Several of my favorites are Outta hell in my Dodge by Lynyrd Skynyrd, I'm in love with my car by Queen, and Heading out to the Highway by Judas Priest  :burnout:

MEK-Dangerous