Main Menu

What would you trade your ebody for?

Started by tparker, February 23, 2022, 10:55:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I saw the recent post where someone was asking what their barracuda was worth, I think to fund another project. It got me wondering if he (or I) would consider a trade.  And if so, what would fit the bill? Another Mopar?  Another Muscle Car? Eric Clapton's Les Paul in Cream? A small Island? Or perhaps something else? It's hypothetical (or is it), so what would get you thinking? Forget the financial aspect, but something YOU feel is equivalent.

For Mopars, I love 68 Chargers and GTX's. I almost wished I got a cuda instead of a Challenger, but I do Love my Challenger. Non mopar, I love many but (don't hate me) a 6 fastback mustang or boss 302. Maybe a 68 stingray. I would probably trade it for Peter Greens Les Paul, but no one is stupid enough to do that. Not sure I would want to live on an Island that is worth 15-25k.  LOL

torredcuda

Mine is just a modified `72 Barracuda so not worth a lot but I`ve owned it since `82 so it has a ton of sentimental value to me, would be tough to let go of. I have plenty of other projects already but hypothetically if I had the chance to trade for a real 4 speed AAR I would definitely consider it as that is one of top dream cars, of course equal value wise it would be a project.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cuda_mark

I would trade my convertible for an 69 1/2 Butterscotch Roadrunner in a heartbeat. I don't think that would be a fair trade though even though my convertible is really nicely done.

Cuda416

Hmm,,,

Lets pretend my 70 vert had enough value for someone to be interested...

In order of preference

71 Cuda'
69 Superbee
71 Challenger RT/SE (had one when I was a kid)
68/69 Charger
100 acres with a good well and power somewhere away from people.  :rofl:

non MoPar, I'd consider a 67/68 fastback Rustang GT (390) with the correct heads.

U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

There's no such thing as a '71 Challenger SE.  There was a rare A78 option which gave you the small rear window along with a few other features but there was no actual SE package with badges etc like there was in 1970.
My Challenger convertible ain't going anywhere, and my T/A has a lot of sentimental value.  But I would like to replace my '71 with a B body convertible.  I don't think that's an even trade though, V code Challenger for a 440 B body convertible. But not that far off, the convertible plus some money I'd do the trade.

Cuda416

Well now you know why I would trade my vert for a 71 RT/SE.   :pokeeye:

Just kidding, typo. it was a 70
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

Spikedog08

Hemi Daytona
71 cuda convert
70 AAR with a color I would want
Alot of cash
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Filthy Filbert

Nothing.   I like my car and the history of it.   I think it's cooler than a 71 hemicuda 'vert 4-spd car. 

But, I'm not dumb either.   If someone offered me a suitcase full of cash (like, if a player from the 1970 St Louis Blues hockey team knocked on my door and said "I want to buy my old car back"), I would sell it and buy another car.   like maybe a 71 hemicuda 'vert 4-spd car :haha:

Mr Lee

My car took 29 years to get done.  It's probably worth $50k.  I wouldn't take $100k for it.  It's the year I wanted, the color I wanted, I made it a 4 speed, it's a gator top car, got the wheels I wanted... and I put every nut and bolt together myself.  Nope, it's time to enjoy it.  I didn't wait all this time and put in all that work, and all that anticipation to just get it done and then get rid of it.  It's too hard to replace.  Plus, how many times do you hear people regretting getting rid of their cars.  AS far as selling or trading, never say never, but, I can see myself as an 80 year old man sitting on my porch with a beer and still staring at the car in the driveway the way Clint Eastwood does in the movie Gran Torino. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Rich G.

72hemi

I wouldn't let mine go. I have way to much history with it. It was my first car and this year marks 25 years with it. I took it to my senior prom with who is now my wife, then to her senior prom the following year and then it was at our wedding. No amount of money can make up for that history.
Life's too short to drive boring cars

MOPAR MITCH

About 12 years ago (~2010?).. I was approached by someone wanting to sell their ~1995 Dodge Viper, white/blue convertable... asking ~$40K or trade.  It had a $10k "Scorpion" intake and exhaust setup... cool looking car.   I asked what he would do if we did the trade... he said he would/could immediately sell it as he needed cash... and the Viper wasn't moving as he thought.. he had looked at trading it for bib block Chevelles, Harley Davidson bikes, cool motor boats, etc... but he really was willing to trade head-up for my T/A ... as it was sitting on the trailer in my garage ... not being used much for recent years at that time.

My three young kids thought and said to go for the trade... a VIPER... wow!

I've owned my Challenger since 1975 and have an incredible history with it.... nationally setup for SCCA autocross competition, etc... car shows, as well.  It is ME... and everyone identifies the car with ME.

I did not trade for the Viper..... maybe if it was a GTS fastback I would've considered more... but then... my Challenger still is ME... I've now owned it for the past 46+ years and enjoying it more than ever... racing (MOPARTY, car shows, road course track events, being the Pace Car, etc).  Heck, I remember meeting my wife as she was checking out my car 35+ years ago!     

Maybe I'll pickup a Viper on the side someday.

NOTE:  I'll add that I made my Challenger into the T/A clone/tribute that it is (began life as a mint '72 318 Ralley Pack model that I used for college driving at the time -- 1975-76... then, by ~1978, I had it fully and detailed transformed into the T/A for SCCA autocross racing and began a very successful history of such racing!).  Also, I've received so much recognition for what I've done with it over the past 46+years... a few hundred awards from racing, car shows... and magazine coverages!  I've met so many friends!!!!   and, I'll give credit to my best friends who've helped me whenever needed!!!

Mopsquad

Peter Green, what guitar tone that boy had. :worship:

Just walking through the field at a car show, nothing I've seen so far would provoke a trade.  Not that I'm not in awe, but some of these diamonds are too precious to drive.

Although my '70 convertible is pretty, it's a clone and I have no hesitation driving it.

RUNCHARGER

No rust issues, No bondo, no ill fitting trim, no old gasket technology to leak, 600HP, 200MPH, Handles like it's on rails, Brakes are like hitting a wall, 1.5 seconds faster in the quarter than a HemiCuda, Fuel doesn't boil out of the carbs when shut off, looks pretty good too.
If you really drive them, pretty hard to beat.
Sheldon