Main Menu

What would you trade your ebody for?

Started by tparker, February 23, 2022, 10:55:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

My very first new car after graduating college and getting a 2A draft status was a Dark Green Metallic 1970 Challenger with the venerable 225 slant six, std 3sp manual, PS, white walls, wheel covers and an Am Radio.   Pretty stark, but, i loved it !!   Traded it for a new 72 Charger SE with 318/auto/air vinyl roof in bright blue metallic.   Loved it, but always wished i had kept the Chally. 

So, while my current Challenger is a 74 not 70 it has everything i wished my original Challenger would have had.   Plum Crazy color, with a built 360/408 stroker, A518 auto, 3.23 sure grip rear end, PS, PB, Console, and Vintage Air.   Its probably only worth about $25-30 K as its an amateur (me) restoration.   BUT I WILL KEEP IT TILL I DIE  !!   My Grand Son made me promise he could have it then, and, he promised to keep it !!   

Chryco Psycho

Nothing ....
I let my first Chall [70 U code 4 spd] get away & I still remember the feeling .... the cash was worth Nothing , I wanted the car !!
I have owned my second Chall since 80 & I have been offered obscene $$ for it more than a couple of times .
A guy called & said the car was his we just had to work out the price , I told him he didn't have enough $$ & hung up , he called back 3 more times , I still have my car not sure if he still has the $$ LOL

dodj

There's a lot of different cars I'd trade my Challenger for..

But, my Challenger is worth more to me than market value...so...I'll probably keep it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ZippyZoo

I got my '71 vert new.  Almost traded her in for $700 in 1976 - but I didn't.  She's undergoing a rusteration now.  Off the road since 2015 - hope to have her back on the road next year!  She's been a significant part of my life through good times and bad.  So many memories!  When I no longer can drive her, she's promised to my daughter.
So - what would I trade her for?  There sure there are a lot of 'cool' cars - old and new - I'd like to have, but really, there isn't anything that can take her place...........

Matt13

1970 Olds 442 w/dual hood scoops in Viking Blue with white stripes.
1965-66 Fastback Mustang 289 4bbl
1970 RR or 2dr Satellite

Dakota

I have way too much sweat equity in my Challenger to ever want to sell it.

My wandering eye is drawn to  '71-72 Roadrunners, so theoretically if I were able to wind the calendar back 10 years to "start over" I might've gone in that direction, but no way I'd trade my Challenger.

70 Top Banana

I love my T/A and she still needs some work. But if you said you had to trade I would trade for a Hemi Challenger or a hemi cuda- a real one and I know I would need to add cash.

jordan

Not that I ever want to get rid of my Cuda, but if that once in a lifetime opportunity comes up for an even trade, right now I think I would trade for a 2016-18 Mercedes GT S.  4L twin turbo V8. 550hp, incredible chassis and brakes, killer looks, nearly 200mph, stomps Corvettes easily, and is the last of the V8 cars from Mercedes.  Likely to gain value over the years.  I know its not an old Mopar and will never be as cool as a Cuda, but it is still a bad ass car to me.
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: ZippyZoo on February 24, 2022, 07:18:02 PM
I got my '71 vert new.  Almost traded her in for $700 in 1976 - but I didn't.  She's undergoing a rusteration now.  Off the road since 2015 - hope to have her back on the road next year!  She's been a significant part of my life through good times and bad.  So many memories!  When I no longer can drive her, she's promised to my daughter.
So - what would I trade her for?  There sure there are a lot of 'cool' cars - old and new - I'd like to have, but really, there isn't anything that can take her place...........

The car or the Daughter?   haha.

My father in law owns a fully restored, factory correct/stock, 69 Mach 1 fast back, 428, 4-spd, shaker hood, window louvers, etc.  Red on red. 
My wife (an only child) has told him that he's never allowed to sell it or trade it, because to her, that car IS him.  It signifies everything her dad stands for and lives for.   He's had it since she was in middle school. 

70Barracuda

Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

340challconvert

I have owned my current Challenger A66 convertible since 1979 and it holds a lot of memories for me! (Drove her across the country from New Jersey to California and back in 1980). Hard to let her go. I wish I could have a car back that I had prior to the convertible; a 1970 RT, 440-6 in B7 blue, black interior, automatic, with a factory N96 shaker, 15" rallye wheels and a 4:10 dana.
I still remember the shaker, quivering in the middle of the hood at idle. That is what I would want back in place of my A66!    :('

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

There are a few B-Bodies I'd REALLY like to own , 70 RR, 68 Charger, wing cars..... but I've wanted a 1970 Challenger since I was 9 years old. It was never "what it's worth" .  I'd never say never but it would have to be such a ridiculously obscene offer to trade that it would never happen. When my Mom passed she left me a little bit of an inheritance and after I spent the bulk of it paying off stuff I bought the Challenger with the rest. Best 15k I've ever spent! I like to think that made her smile.  Besides in another year this will be the longest I've ever owned a car. "We" have a history, lots of blood,sweat and tears into this one! I plan on wearing it out so someone else can spend a pile for their dream car too when I'm off this planet!  :D
Heck I can always use it for a snow plow right?  :haha:

chaps70rt

Peter Green's '59 Les Paul was sold to Gary Moore for $300.   When he passed away it was purchased by the guitar player in Metallica (Kirk Hammett) for
approximately $2M.  It is referred to as the "Greeny Moore".    It is revered as one of the best sounding guitars on the planet. 

Check out Gary Moore's live stuff on YouTube ..... "Still got the Blues"; It's like no other. 

Gary was one of the most under rated guitar heroes (RIP).     Just saying!
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi