Main Menu

Where to buy a cap

Started by blown motor, November 25, 2023, 02:35:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Does anyone know where you can get a Mopar cap for a reasonable price? I can't believe how expensive they are.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

The Choko ones at Moparfest were like $20.00 CAD plus tax. What kind of logo were you looking for or was it a distributor cap you're asking about.

blown motor

Black cap, blue mopar M. A couple years ago Moparfest was selling the black Moparfest caps for $5. The very same cap in pink was $20!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Yeah, those Amazon prices probably aren't what he considers "reasonable ". I bought a Choko Road Runner cap with my employee discount and that was around $18 CAD tax included

eBay has a used one that can be had for about $14 CAD if shipped to Rochester.

blown motor

Ya, I saw all those Alan. I guess I just didn't realize that they'd gotten so expensive.

Cuda Cody

When did baseball caps start costings $40 to $50 each?   :Thud:

70/6chall

I attended the "Mopars in May" this year out here in SoCal. There is a guy who is a vendor with caps for sale. They are the black caps with different color Mopar M's on front and the name "Mopar" in white under it. These are real nice caps, well made and for $5.00 each. I usually buy 2 or3.

blown motor

So why does everyone else have to charge $20. Greed.

69BFan

I would bet that any of the hats or clothing with the Mopar logo or name carries a hefty license fee and agreement if they are selling as an "official licensed" product.  I know for the restoration parts that we offer as a manufacturer, those fees range from 7 to 13%. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

MoparLeo

Hobby Lobby. $10.99 Different styles at different location. Mine had the Blue, for Mopar approved caps, not the Vietnam caps that are $5.00 at the car shows.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Decor-Pillows/Home-Office-Accessories/Black-Mopar-Baseball-Cap/p/81077218

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

blown motor

7E-Bodies

@blown motor my son set up an apparel site under cooperation/permission of @Cuda Cody
It's up and running.

https://e-bodiesshop.com/
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

blown motor

I like the license plate bracket.