Main Menu

Working Remotely now and till...forever?

Started by Topcat, May 13, 2020, 05:59:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Not sure what I am going to do . . I have 3 real estate offices and am considering closing 1 or 2 of them and just having 1 main office.  Real Estate has changed a lot with the internet . . everyone is shopping online!  Don't get much foot traffic anymore into the offices and agents can certainly work from home. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Daveh

Skipedog08,

I'm curious to know how you see the market now with the virus?  Are people looking?  Is it a buyers or sellers market?  We're considering putting the house on the market and that would be helpful information.  Thanks

Dave

anlauto

Quote from: Daveh on May 15, 2020, 09:41:09 AM
Skipedog08,

I'm curious to know how you see the market now with the virus?  Are people looking?  Is it a buyers or sellers market?  We're considering putting the house on the market and that would be helpful information.  Thanks

Dave

We listed my Moms country property at the end of February right before this mess started...took ten weeks to sell which is pretty average for country property in our area....had quite a bit of interest with three competing offers  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

I'm in south Florida and downsizing basically in the same area (Boca Raton).  The tough part is finding a smaller house with the same 3 car garage that I currently have. 

HP2

Some work from home will continue...until the first data breach is traced back to a home network.  Not all wireless is fast enough or secure enough for everyone working from home now to continue to work from home forever.

Some companies may reduce their total office space, but it isn't going away, IMO.

cuda hunter

I can't work from home.  I build custom homes.

My client for this year, summer fall winter has canceled their home build.  Californians, freaking out. 
Now I'm trying to figure out what to fill this in with as it's a little more complicated than just building another home immediately.

I have a home I built that went on market in the winter.  Slow time of year.  Expected to not see it sell too quick in the winter as it's cold up here.  However the market here really turns on in March.  Not this year.  Agents couldn't even show the home legally.
Got all kinds of ridiculous offers as it seems lots of folks want to move to the mountains now and get out of the cities. I finally signed a contract last week.  Took forever.  Makes it real hard to believe in property investing, but with a canceled build I'll probably have to build another investment home. 

Sure changed my plans for the year. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Everyone in my household is working. Really we don't notice life much different other than grocery shopping and not being able to go to Church and see a few friends . My business is the busiest it has ever been , I figure about 30% increase mostly due to a large competitor ( but also a part supplier) closing down last fall. Feeling pretty blessed actually!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on May 15, 2020, 02:36:12 PM
Everyone in my household is working. Really we don't notice life much different other than grocery shopping and not being able to go to Church and see a few friends . My business is the busiest it has ever been , I figure about 30% increase mostly due to a large competitor ( but also a part supplier) closing down last fall. Feeling pretty blessed actually!  :bradsthumb:

That's ALWAYS nice to hear Brad....more money for those expensive AMC parts :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration