Main Menu

Wrecked, destroyed, mangled Mopars

Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 31, 2019, 09:26:56 PM
:bye:

It makes you wonder what happened there. Off the other side of the road and into a ditch. Fell asleep, drunk, texting, all of the above?

Chryco Psycho

JS29

YellowThumper

It appears to me that it slipped under the back of a rig.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RzeroB

Quote from: YellowThumper on November 03, 2019, 02:07:33 PM
It appears to me that it slipped under the back of a rig.

:iagree:  Actually witnessed that once "back in the day" ... at an intersection a tractor-trailer didn't swing wide enough and the trailer's left set of wheels smashed down and tore off the front end of a Ford station wagon that was properly stopped at the stop-line. In that case, the poking fun at Ford phrase of "Found On Road Dead" ... literally was true that day!!  :looney:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

I actually did that once , I turned a corner with a 45' trailer , cars were illegally parked on the apex of the corner , Ran the trailer wheels over the hood of a sunbird , then it was a Done bird !! Of course the cops charged me as I was the moving vehicle But the judge sided with me that the cars were illegally parked preventing my exit & charged the owner of the sunbird instead !! Having your car flattened sure beats getting a parking ticket for being Stupid !! :pokeeye:

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Sad to lose a Black Demon

JS29

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 05, 2019, 07:52:01 PM
Sad to lose a Black Demon
That might not be a total loss, with out seeing the rest of it. lots of value on those cars.   :alan2cents:

RzeroB

I'm sure I know the answer to this ... but I'm going to ask a "stupid" question anyway ...

Racing and wrecking in the age of liability and lawsuits. For example, my car insurance company (USAA) doesn't cover my car if I take it to the track race it. The "track" doesn't let you race unless you sign a "release of liability" freeing them from any liability as of a result of your participation. So ... if you take your car to the track, sign the form, race ... wreck ... and worse yet, damage property and/or hurt somebody other than yourself ... you're totally screwed right? Not only have you damaged your car and YOU will have to pay to fix it ... but you also just opened yourself to being sued for property damages and personal injuries.

For you guys who race your cars at the track, is there some kind of "racing insurance" that you can get added to your policy?? Or are you pretty much just rolling the dice and accepting the risk??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cudakiller70

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: RzeroB on November 06, 2019, 10:11:37 AM
I'm sure I know the answer to this ... but I'm going to ask a "stupid" question anyway ...

Racing and wrecking in the age of liability and lawsuits. For example, my car insurance company (USAA) doesn't cover my car if I take it to the track race it. The "track" doesn't let you race unless you sign a "release of liability" freeing them from any liability as of a result of your participation. So ... if you take your car to the track, sign the form, race ... wreck ... and worse yet, damage property and/or hurt somebody other than yourself ... you're totally screwed right? Not only have you damaged your car and YOU will have to pay to fix it ... but you also just opened yourself to being sued for property damages and personal injuries.

For you guys who race your cars at the track, is there some kind of "racing insurance" that you can get added to your policy?? Or are you pretty much just rolling the dice and accepting the risk??

I have never been covered on track but I prepare the cars well before I go , never sure of the other guy tho , this is where Tech has to do their job , I saw one car with worm gear hose clamps holding the steering  rack to the chassis  :o

gzig5

I don't know about drag racing but at many road track, HDPE, and Auto-X events you can buy track insurance that covers you for the on track activity.  I think it is $100-$150 a day, which isn't  real cheap, but cheaper than the alternative.  I have a friend who backed his $40,000 BMW M3 into the wall at Road America and he opted out of the track day insurance, so the  damage was all on him.  Totaled the car.   :'(

Chryco Psycho