Main Menu

Wrecked, destroyed, mangled Mopars

Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

that will need a bit of sheet metal !!

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: And how about the 68 GTX circle track car?
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Nothing that a frame machine won't fix!!!!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

WOW! just had a flash bask of what my 70 R/T looked like after my brother got done with it.   :pullinghair:  :barf:

anlauto

That'll buff out....

timdp

Well, that was a grim cruise through the whole thread...  :crying:

About the tree thing; when a car leaves the road, the vehicle's mass and speed dictate that it will keep on going until something stops it or it ruins out of energy. That something is usually a tree or pole...

Lessons learned
Add fire extinguisher and bracket behind driver's seat.
Steel line from fuel pump to carbs

Please tell me about e body electrical problems (ammeter and others).

303 Mopar

Owner went for a cruise today in his survivor 69 Charger, doing 55 mph and a 17 year old kid decided to gun it across all 4 lanes of traffic and T boned him (he was doing about 25-30 mph). Charger is totaled but the owner walked away.

anlauto

:crying: heavy damage, but not a write off in my opinion....well the insurance company will write it off, but the car is fixable :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on December 24, 2018, 07:28:04 PM
:crying: heavy damage, but not a write off in my opinion....well the insurance company will write it off, but the car is fixable :alan2cents:

Update from the owner, the Charger apparently can be saved and he has Hagerty insurance in case the kids insurance doesn't come through. There were also a lot of witnesses, including an off-duty cop, so needless to say the kid was found at fault.

TelisSE440

Everyone was ok, so it's very good news that the Charger can be saved...

Morty426

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 25, 2018, 07:48:19 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 24, 2018, 07:28:04 PM

Update from the owner, the Charger apparently can be saved and he has Hagerty insurance in case the kids insurance doesn't come through. There were also a lot of witnesses, including an off-duty cop, so needless to say the kid was found at fault.

I agree that looked very fixable

JS29

Start at the left frame rail with a good hard pull to get things back in place.  :alan2cents: