Main Menu

Wrecked, destroyed, mangled Mopars

Started by Roadman, September 21, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 07, 2019, 10:49:19 PM
:bye:

That one is like a stray/lost puppy, you just want to save it somehow.....

Cuda70-74

Saw this on the B body forum
Christmas Eve Day was a rough day. It was such a nice day that I was determined to take my survivor 1969 Charger out for a short drive. I was on a four lane blacktop and At the intersection ahead, a truck was on my left and he was signaling to turn right and drive north. As he pulled out, a late model GMC Sierra behind him pulled out at the same time. The young guy who was driving, decided to gun it across all 4 lanes of traffic. His Sierra slammed into my front left fender and our our vehicles' back ends swung around and clapped together. I slid sideways into the ditch. I hit the steering wheel and am bruised/beat up but I walked away, which I am grateful I feel pretty lucky. That being said, the old Charger did well. I was doing 55mph and I'm not sure how fast the other guy was going be he was in a hurry.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

rdf

This thread makes me sad....seeing all these beautiful cars in that condition.   :crying: :crying:
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: I can't click like on any of the posts here  :bye:

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

Daveh

Looks like they may have survived if they had their seat belt on.  Let's hope so.

1Burgfish

RUNCHARGER

Those things actually are fun to drive although the exhaust note is lacking.
Sheldon

RzeroB

Quote from: 1Burgfish on May 09, 2019, 06:10:43 AM
:wrenching: Looks like it got stepped on :bricks:

I saw a car once that had very similar damage ... it was stomped by an eighteenwheelasaurus. The 'saurus was turning at an intersection and didn't swing wide enough. The 'saurus' trailer caught an unsuspecting compact wagon's nose, rolling up and over it smashing it to the ground. After the incident the wagon looked very much like this Prowler ... so I think you are correct in your assessment of it being "stepped on"!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

BIGSHCLUNK

I agree, it's not frontal impact damage, more like death from above.... 

YellowThumper

My opinion is they did survive. Windshield appears to be intact.
As for carnage it looks like they drove under the back of something. Raised truck perhaps.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

1Burgfish