Main Menu

Recent posts

It's been awhile since I've posted an update. Body work is progressing but was hindered due to a warped trunk lid. It's been an uphill battle trying to get it replaced but the new one should be in any day now. These are older pictures and I'll try to get some more recent ones posted in the next little bit.

Another battle has been trying to procure a donor Dana 60 for the build. I started looking for one back in December and FINALLY found a good candidate yesterday. There have been many found for sale but the problem is, the ones selling them believe they are made of gold. I paid $100 for an excellent condition core so my hats off to the seller.

Motor block got the green light from the machinist and is now back in my garage awaiting the arrival of the rotating assembly. I ordered the Scat assembly from Summit back at the beginning of March but the estimated shipping date keeps getting pushed back. It's estimated shipping date is now mid-June. In the meantime I got it painted to keep any rust at bay. With all this extra waiting time, I've been arguing with myself on whether to go with the hydraulic flat tappet, that I already have all the parts for or just bite the bullet and go with a retrofit hydraulic roller, to avoid any potential failures.

Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: Door Hinges
Last post by C_B5 - Today at 07:07:16 AM
Checked and there appear to be no cracks on any of the hinges.

The hinges listed as A-body were removed from a 1970-71 Duster door.
Parts Wanted / Re: ISO Challenger Hood Scoop...
Last post by C_B5 - Today at 07:00:51 AM
PM sent
Here's a do-it-yourself kit. Just enter your window size desired to be defrosted and find it on their chart.
 https://frostfighter.com/clear-view-order-guide.htm
 Terry W.
Quote from: mccannix on May 08, 2024, 07:27:33 PMThat particular lid was inadvertently assembly line installed on Bob L's shaker optioned

Wasn't there a thread on one of the forums on this? I recall reading it but couldn't find it yesterday.  I saw a similar looking lid for sale on Facebook but it doesn't look like the standard six-pack lid.  In hind site I'm guessing it's a 340-6 lid?

Quote from: Brads70 on May 08, 2024, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 07, 2024, 05:53:11 PMWhat is the set up that is in the trunk?

Cantilever Suspension

I like it.  The question is, what benefits are achieved with this set up. 
For Posterity. 
Quote from: Brads70 on May 08, 2024, 05:51:25 PMCool car , not liking the console and a few other things but to each his own. Price seems overly optimistic? Maybe just listed for advertising/ exposure....

They probably don`t expect to get that much and it`s just a price thrown up for the listing but ya never know.  :dunno: