New Member, The Search Begins

Started by CA Expat, June 15, 2018, 09:19:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

CA Expat

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and support!!!

QuoteGood luck on your search. I found this site from Hemmings that has a few ideas about finding the car. More specific, finding the VIN, incase you don't have it. Maybe it will be useful to you or someone else looking for their old car

Thank you for the link, i'll check it out. Unlike finding my old Dart from high school (which I'm still looking for), I at least have a plate number (CA 915LSR). I'm learning however that if it's no longer an active plate, it's hardly useful. I still have another box I need to go through in search of any documentation.

QuoteI would recommend you go to the upcoming Capital City Mopars car show. A lead could  come up there trying to find it.

I'm no longer in the Sacramento area but my folks are still in the foothills. I'm out in Utah currently but am looking around the entire west, once I recover the VIN I'll open it up nationally. I'll definitely try to get some pictures up, all I have are scanned prints of old, yellowish, cheap photos from the 70's. I'll see if maybe one of our imaging guys at work can make the most of it.

I should specify the intent here is this would be a 'nice to have'. I'm by no means pouring over with emotion on a life-quest search. It's a lot of fun though to think about actually finding it. If it's found in someone's garage under a cover with no intent to sell, that would be fantastic in that it's being taken care of. I think we all can agree that we want what's best for the car. If it's been totaled or something I would be pretty bummed out, but I'd just build a different one and nobody would know! I'll update as I can, until then I look forward to educating myself and these works of art.  :cheers:
In Search Of: 74' Challenger JH23G4B179623

CA Expat

I'm pretty computer/forum savvy but apparently not capable of posting pictures! I'll try to upload tomorrow. I did talk to my Dad and I told him to head out to the cap city Mopar show this weekend, I think i'm stoking a fire that had kind of dwindled out.

340challconvert

Welcome from New Jersey
Good luck on your search for your Dad's car!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

CA Expat

Thanks for the welcome!

No luck on tracking down the VIN, which would obviously make life incredibly easier. Until then, searching using all the standard applications.

Can't post pictures for some reason, always errors out, very frustrating.

nsmall

Try uploading one photo at a time.  Is your internet provider slow?  You shouldnt have to resize the photos on this site. 

CA Expat

I have 50mbs Comcast, and have only ever tried to upload one photo. In the Attach section, I click "browse", select my file, post and submit, then get a white screen...every time and from multiple computers with multiple files. I've always only attempted one photo at a time, so I give up.

Cuda Cody

If the photo is super large it can error out.  The forum should resize the photo, but it does have its limitations.  Email it to me and I will resize it and post it.  codyreich@comcast.net

Cuda Cody

:inlove:  Here's the photo!   :1place:

CA Expat

Thank you so much for posting! Not sure what the hangup was on my end?

Anyhow this would have closely resembled the configuration it was sold in, the good Lord only knows what it looks like now. The white vinyl top was removed and the whole car was repainted that blue (not sure what the OE code is). Still looking for the VIN, hopefully she's still out there somewhere being loved on otherwise I'd love to get her home. Thanks again Cody!

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan! Glad you signed up!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudakiller70

:welcome: From Krazyfornia  :bigthumb: great idea hope you find it. If not will you do a tribute car for him?

CA Expat

Thanks for the welcome!

QuoteIf not will you do a tribute car for him?

I would like to think so, time will tell. I honestly fell like they don't go far, if it's been sitting under a tree in the foothills for 20 years it will be in pretty rough shape. Nothing like the Midwestern folks are up against but it would still be a good workout to get it road worthy. We'll see, i'm optimistic and have nothing but time.

I would be lying though if I hadn't thought about a "tribute" Hellcat. I would like to find his car...and still do the Hellcat, just for the matching set  :D

Bullitt-

Awesome that you would do this for the old man   :twothumbsup:   Sounds like you may be attempting this on the sly however the resources you need may be in your parents house. If there is someone who could look for old invoices, tag receipts, insurance papers etc. your task perhaps would be easier.
   A few years ago after not being able to locate anything to prove ownership to register my car after being off the road for 20+years I went to my current insurance agent and ask if they had any documents...sure enough a hand written application from the mid 80's was still in their files.  And just a couple of weeks ago my mom handed me several pictures & documents she had ran across that she wanted me to have. Among them was the bill of sale of my Challenger from 43-years ago....  GOOD LUCK in your Quest  :cheers:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]