Main Menu

Cuda Challenger Rear Air Switch & Bezel

Started by Lemontwist, September 15, 2018, 05:40:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lemontwist

FOR SALE: Rear Air Switch & Bezel for all Cuda's and Challengers.  Switch does work and comes with the three prong connector.  PRICE $85.00 Plus Postage
Drew

anlauto

Don't think those were ever used on an E Body :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I do not think that is an E-Body part.

Lemontwist

It came off of a 71 Cuda? Someone must have added it at some point.
Drew

anlauto

There's a chance it was dealer installed,  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on September 15, 2018, 09:43:47 AM

Doubtful... What would it control?  I don't even see it being used on an A body.... Only rear air I've seen on vintage Mopar's was higher end station wagons.....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 15, 2018, 10:16:14 AM

Doubtful... What would it control?  I don't even see it being used on an A body.... Only rear air I've seen on vintage Mopar's was higher end station wagons.....

I've seen it used for the rear window defroster NOT air conditioning. If you've ever seen an NOS RWD kit, that's typically the switch you get.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on September 15, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 15, 2018, 10:16:14 AM

I've seen it used for the rear window defroster NOT air conditioning. If you've ever seen an NOS RWD kit, that's typically the switch you get.

I've seen mostly Defog used for rear defroster... I have seen a rear air bezel like that on a few wagons.... But we don't have allot of rear defroster around here, the weather don't support it.... And there use to be allot of loaded high line wagons....

JS29

That dose make sense! but why wouldn't it be marked rear defrost instead or air?  :dunno:

Lemontwist

Mystery Solved:  It is for an A-BODY listed under rear defroster. Just looked up the part number  2820455 on my 70 parts catalog
Drew

70/6chall

After reading this post and the replies, I too agree with the majority here about the switch. Several years ago I collected all the components needed to install a rear defog in my '70 Challenger. I did a lot of research for my task from the dash to the back. The 1970 E-body, Rear Defog switch is p/n 2947411 w/ a vendors code of 36033, and is black plastic with an aqua/blue dot on the toggle. '70 units had the aqua dot and in '71 the beginning part of the production year the dot was aqua also,then later in the year the color changed to red or orange. These switches also became confused with vert top switch which is p/n 2947406 - 36033 same vendor code, and should have "top" or "up/down" labeled on it. Both rear defog and vert top switch are of course in-dash installed. Unless as mentioned dealer or after market installed. These switches OEM as of late have become hard to obtain if at all. I not only have the switch mentioned but the left hand standard dash face plate to accommodate the switch and everything under the package tray to complete the job. I'm not sure after all these years if my task will be completed. But I will post a pick of the rear defog switch and wire loom, with plugs.  Thanks,   Al

70/6chall

Again not sure if any of you have used this website but it has helped me out quite a bit with factory OEM part numbers and their application. "Mopar Part Number Search-My Mopar"   Thanks,   Al

autoxcuda

I have a 68 rear defogger from a 68 Barracuda coupe with that same bezel in chrome that says rear air. In about 1970 they went to black plastic bezels. I bought it in Iowa for my 68.

Can't tell if that is black plastic or chrome. I do not think it's a one year only part like you have it listed for sale on Moparts. I

Don't see a lot a California cars with defogger. Much more prevalent in cold weather states.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...