Main Menu

1974 Publicity Photos

Started by PLY474, May 21, 2019, 06:47:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

PLY474

I'm looking for this 1974 publicity photo in color.  Does anyone out there have it?

PLY474

It seems that Plymouth did a photo shoot in front of this fancy hotel.

anlauto

The only photo prints I've seen are black and white, unlike the brochers themselves that were obviously colour. I think you're looking for something that doesn't exist :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @PLY474   :welcome:  Good luck with the quest to find those cool photos!  If you find them, please share them so e can enjoy them too.   :banana:

PLY474

Thanks for the welcome.  The B&W photo was in a price guide book from 1985 which is the only place I've ever seen it.  If I ever find it in color, I'll post it.

anlauto

You can actually buy original black and white prints like that...They show up at swap meets from time to time.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

@PLY474  good luck with your search, do you currently own one of the 2 cars pictured above?  :thinking:

PLY474

I don't own one of those from the photo shoot.  My '74 is below. 
For some reason I'm into the 74 model and original advertisement.
Thanks for the 3rd photo.  I didn't have that one. 

6bblgt

the above pic was in "STANDARD Catalog of Chrysler 1914-2000"

6bblgt

this one's from Ward's Automotive Yearbook 1974

anlauto

This is what I was talking about. Actual photo prints .... A quick search found some on eBay, not a 74 Cuda though...but you get the idea...I remember one vendor and the Mopar Nats years ago had hundreds of these for sale...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1973-PLYMOUTH-SEBRING-PLUS-FACTORY-PRESS-RELEASE-photo-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-MOPAR/233214336842?hash=item364ca85f4a:g:~OsAAOSwTyJajjai&vxp=mtr

PLY474

ANLAUTO, Thanks.  I've seen these Chrysler promotional photos online and have a couple of digital examples, but don't own any.  I'll have to check out the swap meets this year as you suggested.  I'm close to the Mopars at the Red Barns in Michigan and the Mopar Nations in Columbus, OH.  I've been trying to get to the Red Barns show for years, but haven't made it (it seems to land on my daughter's birthday every year). 

PLY474

I saw this 1974 Plymouth Press Kit on eBay a while back, but didn't have the cash for it at the time.  As you said, seems to be all b&w.