Main Menu

Hole location for the Challenger V8 emblem needed.

Started by manycj, May 12, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

manycj

I need the hole locations (dimensions) for the V8 emblem on SB Challengers. The 70 fenders I used didn't have the holes. thanks Chris

<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

Cuda Cody

I checked my documents and did not see an engineering drawing for it.  I'll look to see if any of my spare fenders have them, but I don't think they do.

70/6chall

I'm not sure if this will help you, but worth a shot. I realize your looking for exact dimensional location on the fender, instead of an eyeball guess. But I searched my info and could'nt locate anything except pics. Hope maybe someway it might help you.       Thanks Al

70/6chall

70/6chall

70/6chall

Ok, this information is from my 1970-71 passenger car factory illustrated parts catalogue supplement, for all Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler cars. Dated May-Sept. 1970 catalogue # 81-690-0897.

70/6chall

Cuda Cody

Nice photos Al.  Better then I could find.   :clapping:

70/6chall

Thanks Cody, but I'm not even sure if my references will help. What is needed is exact factory reference points and measurements. I'm hoping with what I could find with close-up shots it would give him next to an exact location indication. I do have many factory and non-factory reference books and manuals, Motors,Haynes, Chilton and factory material.      Thanks,  Al

cataclysm80

Emblem placement is different for different years.
The V8 emblem is not located in the same place as the R/T emblem.
The R/T emblem is centered under the Challenger script, while the V8 emblem is pretty much even with the rear most end of the Challenger script.   (under the C on the passenger side, and under the R on the driver's side)

To start off with, here's some pics of the R/T emblem placement.

cataclysm80

Now here's some pics of the V8 emblem.
(If you see an R/T emblem in this position, you're probably looking at a clone car that needed to cover up the V8 fender holes.)

I have measurements for this somewhere.  I think it's on a template stored somewhere, not on my computer.  Sorry, they're not handy at the moment.   I hope this helps anyway.

RUNCHARGER

Cars been gone for more than a year so I can't measure for you. These are the original A-66 fenders though with the original mounting holes.
Sheldon

manycj

Thanks guys, the pictures will help a lot.  What I will do is take pictures of my Challenger emblems with a ruler to establish the scale. Then I will be able to scale my picture so that the Challenger emblem is the same size as the pictures you guys supplied. Once that is done it is a matter of printing out the pictured to the correct 1:1 scale and use it as a template for placing the emblems.  When I'm all done, I'll take some measurements of the holes and post it on the hole location thread.

thanks
Chris

anlauto

Pretty simple to eye-ball it based on all the above pictures. No one will know if you're 1/8" off  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

manycj

I guess I'm picky, but with my luck I will park my car next to another one that has the V8 emblems and  they won't match.  Perhaps my pickiness is for nothing.  Here is a factory original example of R/T emblem placement on a 71 that was on the Hemming's website.