Main Menu

What do you call this and where do I get one?

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 18, 2019, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Anyone replaced this felt (or felt-bestos, lol) that acts as a fuel tank cushion? I'll assume @MoparDave might be where to start. 70 RT, new trunk pan almost ready to go in and will need to fit check tank to filler tube to right quarter alignment before welding.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1973Barracuda

70 Challenger Lover

It's a gas tank pad. Not sure who has the best ones at the right price though.

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

7E-Bodies

@Bullitt- so apparently my old one Really Is Asbestos! And I was only joking, albeit with a hint of very cautious handling. Your link says the old one is definitely not fit for human consumption. Thanks for the link!

7E-Bodies

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 18, 2019, 08:09:10 PM
@RUNCHARGER looking into it, thanks.

I would deal with Jim Filmore AKA DMT any day before I would deal with Classic Industries...

nsmall

:iagree:  I would rather deal with practically anyone before classic industries. 

MoparDave

we stock the DMT style. the waffle fiber type is available that I can order in.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

7E-Bodies

@MoparDave can you tell me the difference between DMTs version and the waffle type you mentioned? Of course I'd want the closest to OEM. Also, what are the grommets for?

MoparDave

DMT is a neoprene material which is what most prefer. the Waffle material is compressed fiber and look more like the original. I would rather have the neoprene. but the guys that have to have correct looking everything may want the waffle type. Even thought its really not seen.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

ec_co

no one will ever see it unless they drop the tank, so it shouldn't matter. I'd rather have better insulating/sound deadening than OE in this case
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came