Main Menu

Dakota Digital parts back ordered?

Started by Jsand73440, March 20, 2023, 04:09:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

I wanted to order a Dakota digital set up for my challenger and install it in the dash before i install the while assembly back in the car. However, the dealer i was ordering from tell me that it is 22 weeks before they can fill the order because they cant get all the parts. I am not going to wait 22 weeks to install the dash. Can i install the Dakota instrument panel later if the dash is installed? How big a pain is it going to be?

anlauto

It will be a pain, but anything can be done...Too bad because just three weeks ago Summit Racing had one left in stock ready to ship.....I went back last week to buy it and it was gone. Now back ordered :pullinghair:

Have you called Dakota Digital directly ? I would be curious too, as I had to order it from my local speed shop as well, but like everything, I ordered it WAYYY in advance of when I'll need it....good thing to do these days....everything is back ordered :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jsand73440

I am going to call them directly tomorrow and see if they can give me a little more information. I would like to wait and install it altogether, but then i will also have to wait on the windshield as well.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

chaos254

https://www.affordablestreetrods.com/70-74-dodge-challenger-and-70-74-cuda-with-rallye.html

Check with them.... Someone from the ebodies Facebook page posted that they got one from them recently.  Supposedly they had one left as of a few days ago.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Jsand73440

I talked to Dakota Digital, and confirmed that yes they are 18-22 weeks out on deliveries to their dealers.
I decided to call a bunch of their dealers and try and find one. I lucked out and found what i was looking for at Classic Industries. It was their last one. It shipped today, and i should have it by early next week.

anlauto

DAM IT  :verymad: I never thought to check there  :headbang: :haha: :haha:  I'm glad you found one....I can wait the 22 weeks, that's  like 6 months :looney: :no:

Jsand73440

You might check with Classic Indurstires again. They may have one with the red outline or chrome gauges, etc. The guy i talked to said  that i took the last of the black gauge with the blue outline.

anlauto

What gauges did you order ? I've never heard of them coming in different colours ?  I thought they only light up in different colours  :huh:

This is what I ordered...

Brads70

I like the one you got Alan, but they do have other options, even have them for the standard gauge set up.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=679/mode=cat/cat679.htm

anlauto

Oh, Brad you just reminded me about those others, something I never considered, that why I wasn't thinking straight when he mention "other colours", now I understand. :drinkingbud:

Jsand73440

Sorry, my descriptive abilities are kind of poor.

Brads70

FYI.... I bought all my Hotchkis  parts from here, reputable place. They might have stock?

https://mcbparts.com/interior?pagenumber=8

360fish

Hey guys...
I was surfing the web and found the Dakota Digital rally cluster available on Summit's site.  SKU: RTX-70D-CLG-X
Ordered and received it in 2 days...

They show 10+ still available...  looks great
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

gygeneral

Those clusters are very nice, but what is that hole on the right hand return side? Light?