Main Menu

Demon 170

Started by anlauto, March 21, 2023, 05:18:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This is why I'm a die hard MOPAR fan....,start watching at the 25 min mark....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Last night I did a quick scan of an article. My jaw dropped when I read 1,025 HP

70vert

Yep, the car is just crazy!! And the presentation is awesome too.
Too bad there will be massive dealer markups, the price is not really too bad (out of my budget of course).

6bblgt

8)

cudamadd

Wow mother mopar certainly know how to make an impact. The Dodge Challenger is a hard name to forget . And why would you ,just Awsome only Dodge . :drinkingbud: :australia:

MoparCarGuy

All I could think of was how this stunt could end badly when the helicopter was bringing the car to the track.
If that Demon had fallen off the sling load platform it would have bumped Geraldo's TV show on "Al Capone's Vault" down to number 2 on the televised Worst Mistakes Ever list!

6bblgt

the Kaman K-MAX has a 6,000 lb lifting capacity - it was "just" an aerial crane job, spectacular looking for a car reveal but well within its daily work capabilities

chargerdon

All of that engineering and hype for a car that has about 6 months life span...    Ridiculous !!   The most interesting thing about the car is that it is designed to run on E85 Ethanol gas.   On Normal Premium the power drops into the 900's    So, why not design the new Hornet, and the Pacifica and Jeeps and Ram engines ...including down to the 3.6 V6 to run on the much cheaper to buy E85...instead of all of that engineering on only the last gasp engine ?   

Ramman

Quote from: chargerdon on March 22, 2023, 05:45:16 AM
So, why not design the new Hornet, and the Pacifica and Jeeps and Ram engines ...including down to the 3.6 V6 to run on the much cheaper to buy E85...instead of all of that engineering on only the last gasp engine ?

I was my experience with an older Chrysler E85 compatible ride that the fuel as 20% cheaper, and the mileage was 25% worse. For the average consumer, that's too much, to "Do the right thing".

70_440-6Cuda

Be interesting to see how much the Demon 170 goes for on the second hand market considering they are all spoken for.....double or more?
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70vert

I read that markups are hitting $50k! I assume that all goes to the dealer, nothing to Dodge? It's a shame because it means only collectors and/or investors will get them and almost no one will actually get to see one (on the street). So really what is the point?

6bblgt

I have a friend with a '18 Demon that had two deals cancelled on him one at $15K over & one at $50K over MSRP - Stellantis messed up plus greedy dealers make a deal & reneg .....   :barf:

make a big announcement that original '18 Demon owners can get a matching VIN,   :headbang:   but can't get a dealer to sell them a car

torredcuda

While it`s cool to see Chrysler building these very limited production high HP cars they are stupid expensive and most got to collectors only to be stored away or resold next year at auction. I already here of $50-100k markups over base price. I agree why put all the development money into a model that is not going to be produced for much longer, is the marketing really worth that much to overall sales?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

blown motor

I saw somewhere that one was advertise for $300K. Don't know if that's true of just internet bs.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP2

Quote from: chargerdon on March 22, 2023, 05:45:16 AM
All of that engineering and hype for a car that has about 6 months life span...    Ridiculous !!   The most interesting thing about the car is that it is designed to run on E85 Ethanol gas.   On Normal Premium the power drops into the 900's    So, why not design the new Hornet, and the Pacifica and Jeeps and Ram engines ...including down to the 3.6 V6 to run on the much cheaper to buy E85...instead of all of that engineering on only the last gasp engine ?

The ability to make the car last longer than 6 months is why it wasn't released last year.  Dodge has  brought that up several times as those tracking the Last Call series have complained about the delay in its release.

"Only" having 900 horsepower on gasoline, yeah, that is such a downer, especially in a car that, despite your 6 month lifetime claim, does come with a factory warranty. While its easy to throw around numbers, to have a warranted car with that kind of power is amazing, IMO.

Also, now that they have this car out there, there is nothing preventing them from rolling over technology from it to other engine family and car lines. The whole idea behind a new technology roll out is to put it in a "halo" car to pump up hype. You don't put it in a middle of the road pedestrian vehicle.

Quote from: Ramman on March 22, 2023, 06:40:25 AM
I was my experience with an older Chrysler E85 compatible ride that the fuel as 20% cheaper, and the mileage was 25% worse. For the average consumer, that's too much, to "Do the right thing".

Depends on how much you pay for your E85. My house has an E85 vehicle. It has to be $.18 less than E10 for it to be a break even against gas. Fortunately, E85 prices vary just like gas. When the difference is less than $.18, we use gas. When its more, we use alcohol.

The one potential issue with the Demon 170, is not all E85 is equal. Legally, it can be anywhere from 40-85% to still be called E85.

RE mark-ups...yea, unfortunately that is also going to be a big art of this car's legacy.