Main Menu

3 point Seatbelts?

Started by Valkman, April 26, 2017, 12:43:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: gzig5 on May 31, 2018, 11:26:28 AM
Rather than start a new topic I'll pile on to this one.  I'm going to order the three point belts from Wesco.  Seem to get good reviews.  Question is do I get the 8" or 11" Bucket Seat End?
https://www.wescoperformance.com/long-sash-seat-belt-starburst.html
I took a measurement and seems the 8" would be too short, just barely making the stock seat pivot area with it moved all the way back.

@Brads70 do you remember what you ordered?  Anyone else?

Just measured mine ... 11"

gzig5

I'm installing my Wesco shoulder belts and hit a bit of a snag with the 11" release part.  If I bolt it directly to the hole in the trans tunnel, the release button ends up upside down, against your body.  @Brads70 did you make a bracket to flip the release around?  From your pics, your release appears to be mounted correctly. For it to lay right it would need a Z-shaped bracket.  It will work as is but I'd like to have the button on the top side away from my body.  If I flip the belt around in the plastic body, the chamfer at the release end is funky and intrudes on the button.

73_Cuda_4_Me

I have the Wesco 11" ends and long sash.... the release and housing on my belts mount 180 to the way yours is now, but I do not have a console. The release and plastic shroud curve towards tunnel (around seat and hips)... the console is going to be an issue in that respect, though!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

gzig5

If I understand correctly, you have the same part as me with the same shape for the plastic and buckle orientation, but you can flip it around 180 from what I show in the pic because your non-existent console isn't in the way?  Just want to make sure I didn't get the wrong part.  You're right, with the console there, I don't see how it can mount to the trans tunnel in the original spot.  :thinking:

73_Cuda_4_Me

That is correct... here's photos of interior I just took (seats out to put A/C and insulation mat under new carpet coming next week)...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

gzig5

Thanks.  I don't think they considered a console with their design.  I got an email asking for feedback from them so I'll contact them and  see if they have a solution.  At least I have belts now.  Just got it running and it just felt weird doing 25 mph in the neighborhood without belts (or headlights, or turn signals, or a hood   :o)  The neighbors are loving the headers into Cherry Bombs with no pipes.....

Brads70

Quote from: gzig5 on July 05, 2018, 08:42:46 AM
I'm installing my Wesco shoulder belts and hit a bit of a snag with the 11" release part.  If I bolt it directly to the hole in the trans tunnel, the release button ends up upside down, against your body.  @Brads70 did you make a bracket to flip the release around?  From your pics, your release appears to be mounted correctly. For it to lay right it would need a Z-shaped bracket.  It will work as is but I'd like to have the button on the top side away from my body.  If I flip the belt around in the plastic body, the chamfer at the release end is funky and intrudes on the button.

Sorry for the late answer I just got in from camping... looks like you maybe need to remove the belt from the plastic and turn it around then reinstall it?  Or a heat gun to reform the plastic? I didn't make a bracket.

gzig5

Thanks Brad. That tells me it should work with the console. I'll take another look when I get home from vacation