Main Menu

Upgraded 3-point ...or even 4-point seat belts/seats w/harness bar

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, October 01, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

djw383

I like Wesco, just make sure you get the 11 inch sleeve and the long sash guide...used the factory bolts.

Chrome Buckle 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt with Long Sash Guide
29 Colors : Black - #1000
Bucket or Bench Seat : Bucket Seat-11 inch Sleeve (Regular Seat) #402-2
$149.90
2Lap Belts - Choose Seatbelt Buckle Style: Lift Lever Lap Seat Belt 2 or 3 inch Width
Length : 60 inch LL60
29 Colors : Black - #1000
Choose Belt Width : 2 inch (shown)
$33.90

JunkYardFind

I just installed these the other day.... https://xvengineering.com/products/xv-racing-products-3-point-retractable-belt-bucket-seats-black
They are not perfect but close and they are straight bolt on option. No drilling or any other mods necessary.

The drawbacks really are minimal, but here they are... the drop down from the roof line should be slightly longer, you have to twist a bit to grab it and it does sit a bit high across your chest. (MUCH better than the original belt or any that do not have the drop-down.) The clip piece that the belt attaches to by the console is also just slightly short and the plastic covers for the belt are shaped a bit oddly. I ended up using my OEM plastic guides, the new belt fit even though it's about an inch shorter.

I first purchased these from JEGS and sent them back..... https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/70075/10002/-1
They did not work well as I would need to drill a second mount hole right next to the OEM mount behind the seat to the frame. (there is a pre-existing un-drilled punch out for this on your frame.) It also does not have the drop down like you see in the XV Racing belt.

All in all, I am happy with the XV Racing belts and can post pics and a measurement of the drop-down if anyone is interested
Hope this helps!

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?