Main Menu

3 Speaker Dash Frame

Started by 340Challman, June 10, 2024, 07:22:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Hey All,

I'm getting close to being ready to reassemble my dash. Really all that is left is prepping my dash frame. Somewhere in my cars previous life someone really butchered the dash frame to install different speakers in the outer locations on a 3 speaker dash. So I have no idea what my dash frame should look like in the speaker area. Does anyone have a dash frame that they could take pictures of and get measurements off of for the outer speakers? Thanks.
Kevin

MoparLeo

It will be covered by the dash pad. Why worry ? can't see it.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

340Challman

Quote from: MoparLeo on June 10, 2024, 08:05:06 PMIt will be covered by the dash pad. Why worry ? can't see it.

True enough, but I'm OCD to a certain extent and I'd like to at least look into the possibility of fixing it correctly. There are many things that I have done to this car that no one will ever see or know that I have done except for me. I like the attention to detail/OCD that I have put into it. It's just me.  :cheers:
Kevin

Jay Bee

Hope this is good enough

headejm

A few from underneath.

P.S. If you are OCD then so am I. I tried to rebuild my Challenger to exactly how it came off of the assembly line. You don't need to apologize for building your car the way you want to. 

340Challman

Many thanks guys. Yes that helps.
Kevin

MoparLeo

I would just buy another dash frame that is not cutup. There are plenty of them out there.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

340Challman

Quote from: MoparLeo on June 12, 2024, 12:16:13 PMI would just buy another dash frame that is not cutup. There are plenty of them out there.

Interesting thought. I just assumed the 3 speaker dashes were not that common. If availability is there and the price is right, I'd definitely look at that.
Kevin

Xghobo

The dash frames should all be the same it's the dash pads that are different

340Challman

Quote from: Xghobo on June 12, 2024, 05:07:03 PMThe dash frames should all be the same it's the dash pads that are different

There are openings for the outer speakers, unless you are saying they didn't have two different frames. I guess that's a possibility. Anyone know?
Kevin

Jay Bee

To repeat, frames are the same. My car originally was an AM single speaker, when I added the stereo the outboard speaker openings were already there.

340Challman

Ok. Thanks a bunch guys.
For anyone following this that has a frame, I'll be posting a wanted thread for a dash frame. :slapme5:
Kevin