Main Menu

70 Challenger Bucket Seats Tilted

Started by ksierens, September 03, 2018, 07:38:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ksierens

I am starting to install the bucket seats in my 70 Challenger and they are tilting a lot to the center of the car.  Has anyone else seen this? I am guessing I will just need to make a spacer to raise the inner rear up.
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Brads70

That's not normal? Are you sure you don't have the tracks mixed up side to side?

ksierens

Brad, no, the are right. Triple checked [emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brads70

Mine came with black plastic? spacers when it was stock. About 1 1/2" diameter? Maybe they are missing on one side? Just a though?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on September 03, 2018, 08:11:11 AM
Mine came with black plastic? spacers when it was stock. About 1 1/2" diameter? Maybe they are missing on one side? Just a though?

Someone added them, not originally used on E bodies... They were used on B bodies..

ksierens

No spacers on mine, how thick are they? I was thinking of taking the tracks back off and checking them for level. The passenger side is level first
Maybe I need to jack up the floor on the one side.

73chalngr

There are plastic spacers attached to the upright part of the seat.  Tilt it forward and see if is broken or missing they are located where the upright part contacts the base.  There should be two per seat one on the door side and one on console side

Brads70

Quote from: ksierens on September 03, 2018, 08:30:11 AM
No spacers on mine, how thick are they? I was thinking of taking the tracks back off and checking them for level. The passenger side is level first

Mine were about 1/2" thick.

ksierens

I had already bought the spacers on the upright part of the seat.

screamindriver

Quote from: Brads70 on September 03, 2018, 08:58:02 AM
Quote from: ksierens on September 03, 2018, 08:30:11 AM

Mine were about 1/2" thick.
6 way seat track ???   Something else to look for : Over the years some frames get bent from use{and missing stops,etc..} and twist inward..Check that the seat back is correct in relationship to the seat bottom..