Main Menu

70 Challenger SE Headliner

Started by 69BFan, May 24, 2023, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

I had one of our customers contact me in regards to a 70 Challenger SE headliner.  They only have the overhead console and needs the "backing board" and the material.  I can source the material, but what are people doing for the backing board?  There was a business a couple years ago operating under the name of SE Interiors, but it appears that they have been inactive since around 2019.  I know that it is a very limited market and I would think that the 73 to 76 Duster & Demons with the similar style materials would lend itself to someone possibly making an alternative.  Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Yeya93

SE headliners and Dayclona (MikeG} make em. last time i checked, se headliners are quicker and respond to emails more efficiently.  Dayclona on the other hand is not necessarily the most efficient with responding, if much at all

But....with my luck....Dayclona was able to make me one last year. But it took Dayclona about 1-2 years to make me one. he makes em in batches during the summer, and not many tbh. it is recommended to purchase both console and headliner to make sure they both fit appropriately with each other.

Besides the lack of communication with Dayclona, he was a man of his word with making me a headliner and console. Once it became more serious down the time line of making me one, he was definitely more responsive with my emails. It was a pleasure doing business with him once it became more serious. but, trying to get in contact with him to begin with is tough for sure.

Last i spoke with him, he had gotten. his hands on a good pair of SE sail panels and rear  interior window panel. He was considering on reproducing some of the sail panels and rear window interiors trim. I finally became interested in purchasing myself, so i emailed him last week, and till this day, no response yet. hopefully i get a response from him soon.

This is his email: dayclona@gmail.com

As far as SE headliners, i have no experience in purchasing a headliner from them.

Good luck
- Julio

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

69BFan

@Yeya93, thanks for your response.  I knew that Mike was making them a couple of years ago in limited amounts as time allowed.  As you stated, his product line is nice, but like all of us, he has so much going on that turn around time is an issue.  Unfortunately, this customer has waited to the last minute, thinking that it would be like a typical headliner and you simply call up and order one and it is at your door step in a couple weeks.

I will drop both of them an email to see what kind of response that I might get.

Thanks,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Yeya93

Yeah, with these builds, everything is backordered. never wait last minute for sure. lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk