Main Menu

70 CUDA dash install choice

Started by RockportCuda, January 23, 2020, 08:07:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RockportCuda

I have a 70 CUDA and I am about to start a restomod and I was wondering suggestions on which new gauge cluster I should go with. I have looked at Dakota Digital and Auto Meter. Both seem great just trying to get ideas.
Thanks for the help

JonH

Dakota Digital is the only bolt in to my knowledge. All others require a lot of fabrication to mount. Some on here have done it. Speed Hut makes some nice gauges as well. Search on here for aftermarket gauges to find some ideas.

Daveh

This may not be what your looking for but it's an option.  I used my original cluster, modified it and installed AutoMeter gauges.  I think it turned out nice.  I'm happy with it.   

CudaMoparRay

Here's another idea for what it's worth using Speed Hut gauges

anlauto

Another vote for Dakota Digital  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on January 23, 2020, 12:21:33 PM
Here's another idea for what it's worth using Speed Hut gauges

Looks awesome, backlighting is so much nicer than stock.

JS29

RockportCuda

Thank you very much for the info and ideas

mopar1

Quote from: Daveh on January 23, 2020, 10:05:44 AM
This may not be what your looking for but it's an option.  I used my original cluster, modified it and installed AutoMeter gauges.  I think it turned out nice.  I'm happy with it.   

@Daveh , what size gauges are you using?  I want to do this in my Cuda.
1972 Duster- /6 auto
1974 Cuda- 340, 4 speed, 4.10 Dana 60
1969 D300- 318, 4 speed 4.88 Dana 70
1969 Super Bee- 383 4 speed 3.23 8 3/4

Daveh

I installed Autometer gauges in the original standard dash.  I think they turned out great.

Brads70

I also did the Speedhut route, but I also really like the Dakota digital rally set up, the one that looks like stock. Last time I looked they had 2 versions?
https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/custom-speedhut-gauges-standard-dash-cluster/298/msg2804#msg2804