Main Menu

71 Challenger Convertible Boot Seat Track W/ Pics

Started by Daveh, April 10, 2020, 01:00:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I purchased a new convertible seat boot track for my 71 Challenger.  Can you look at the pictures and let me know if I've got it oriented correctly on the back seat?  The bow is a little high but will bend enough to get it attached.  Also does anyone know the size screws that I should use?

I think I will have to smooth out the ends on the track otherwise it's going to dig into the vinyl.  Thoughts???

Thanks
Dave

JS29

1 Wild R/T

Orientation looks right, definitely straight that curve... I believe the screws are #10 x 1" but could be #8 x 1" Measure the hole, it should be apparent which size it is...

The reason the channel gets so much curve is people sit high up on the seat back doing the parade ride thing... The seat itself gets bent/curved...

It's a good idea to measure the boot distance from the channel welt to the trim and see if the seat channel to trim matches... If the seat distance is short your seat probably needs to be straightened... 

Daveh

Great thanks I'll figure out the screws.  The holes are under the vinyl so I will have to play with it to figure out what screw fit.

Thanks

anlauto

Once you have the trim straightened and screwed to the seat.....is there a way to feel the backside and maybe find an original screw hole ?

As quirky as it sounds, with the seat in place, the boot welt secured.....install the boot, if it fits too loose, or too tight, you can actual manipulate how it fits by actually bending the seat either forward or backward  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2020, 02:15:49 PM
Once you have the trim straightened and screwed to the seat.....is there a way to feel the backside and maybe find an original screw hole ?

As quirky as it sounds, with the seat in place, the boot welt secured.....install the boot, if it fits too loose, or too tight, you can actual manipulate how it fits by actually bending the seat either forward or backward  :alan2cents:
That makes scents! Make it fit.  :yes:

Daveh

Yep that was the plan and yes I can feel the holes.  Thanks

Daveh

Update:

Got the track all installed with no issues.  The screws are however #6 X 3/4".  They were a perfect fit.  Thanks for all of your help.

1 Wild R/T

I've worked on allot of vert, never saw any #6 screws in that location... 

Daveh

I thought the same thing but they are very tight and the track fits nicely. 

1 Wild R/T