'71 Cuda Bucket Seats

Started by Claudia, October 29, 2018, 05:23:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthGC340

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 08:43:14 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
I'm not sure what's hard to figure out ? the short is obvious for the bottom and the long for the top  :dunno:

Surly with all the cars "you've" restored and your wealth of talent and expertise, you can easily identify anything on an ebody seat?  Wait a minute, I forgot, you don't do interiors either, my bad.  Yea, I'm sorry, that was a dig.

HEMICUDA You're the best !   Your Mommy & Daddy must be so proud !  You should start your own thread telling us how GREAT your are  :worship:

Do we have to have the same conversation at the next car show I see you at about your cyber balls?  It was amazing how small they got with me in front of you the last time.  If having the talent and facilities to do all our own body/paint, interiors, drive lines and the "real" ability to do OE style work offends you, to bad.  Lets cut to the chase, yes, you are the rattle can master and don't do not much aside of being a really great project manager and assembler.  Do not compare yourself to "real" restoration shops, you're not even remotely close in your wife's 2 car garage.

Claudia, pardon me, this is way off your topic but i find the above very entertaining and spot on... Go, Mike,Go! 
Cyber balls, rattle can master... :haha: :rofl:

HP_Cuda

I just got my seats back after having to wait an eternity.

But what I remember from pulling them apart is the listing wire is hog ringed to the frame. So once you put the foam on the frame you will have to pull it up on one side, hog ring it and then do the top, and then do the same for the other side. Then you will have to pull the cover over the top and the sides to finish hog ringing it to the back of the frame.

This is from memory so it may not have caught everything.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

bpsmopar

Quote from: plymouthGC340 on November 03, 2018, 06:51:50 PM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 09:02:12 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 08:43:14 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
I'm not sure what's hard to figure out ? the short is obvious for the bottom and the long for the top  :dunno:

Surly with all the cars "you've" restored and your wealth of talent and expertise, you can easily identify anything on an ebody seat?  Wait a minute, I forgot, you don't do interiors either, my bad.  Yea, I'm sorry, that was a dig.

HEMICUDA You're the best !   Your Mommy & Daddy must be so proud !  You should start your own thread telling us how GREAT your are  :worship:

Do we have to have the same conversation at the next car show I see you at about your cyber balls?  It was amazing how small they got with me in front of you the last time.  If having the talent and facilities to do all our own body/paint, interiors, drive lines and the "real" ability to do OE style work offends you, to bad.  Lets cut to the chase, yes, you are the rattle can master and don't do not much aside of being a really great project manager and assembler.  Do not compare yourself to "real" restoration shops, you're not even remotely close in your wife's 2 car garage.

Claudia, pardon me, this is way off your topic but i find the above very entertaining and spot on... Go, Mike,Go! 
Cyber balls, rattle can master... :haha: :rofl:

Seriously? Hurling insults and self inflating egos serves what purpose to the followers.
PM if you must Sabre rattle and save us the childish rants.

Brads70

I feel the worst for Cody, hope the ego's don't force him to have to deal with this. Not fun for anyone.
Let it go boys , life is to short your both talented and respected in the Mopar community, no place, time or need for this. It's embarrassing ! 

Claudia

@HP_Cuda so the listing wire that is inserted into the seat cover does not get hog ringed to the listing wire that is molded into the seat foam?

HP_Cuda

From my experience, each listing wire (where-ever placed) is used to hog ring the cover to the frame. This is what makes the cover taught and is used to take the wrinkles out.

So for example, if you had a listing wire that is molded into the seat foam - you would use that listing wire to attach to the frame. So the bottoms would be attached to the bottom frame and so on...

Claudia

Yep . . . my new foams all have listing wires molded into them so I am planning to hog ring the listing wires in the seat covers to the listing wires that are molded into the seat foams and then hog ring the listing wires that are molded into the seat foams to the seat frames.  I will see how they turn out . . .  :fingerscrossed:

HP_Cuda

I think you are on the right track now. Take is slow and make sure you are happy with the cover as you go.

It's a pain to go back and unhog-ring an area once it's done.

Claudia

Yeah, I did my rear seat first and it turned out pretty good for my first time doing a seat cover (maybe another day or two in the sun yet) so I think I'm going to tackle the fronts and see what happens!

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on November 05, 2018, 12:16:57 PM
Yeah, I did my rear seat first and it turned out pretty good for my first time doing a seat cover (maybe another day or two in the sun yet) so I think I'm going to tackle the fronts and see what happens!

Did you have custom seat covers made ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

@anlauto I did not . . . why do you ask . . . I assume because they do not have the button?

anlauto

Maybe it's just the lighting in your picture. They look quite a bit different from the Legendary covers I'm used to seeing. Who manufacture those ?

The Legendary Ones have a separate piece of material sewn on top to create the "band" down the center.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Claudia

@anlauto I believe PUI Interiors . . . from the tag in the picture below.

Claudia

Here are a couple of other pictures of the rear covers . . .

anlauto

Ahhh...That makes sense...Here's some close ups of what I was talking about. My shop just did these 71 Cuda seats.