Main Menu

Adjusting brake and gas pedals

Started by MoparsNBurnouts, May 21, 2021, 10:56:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparsNBurnouts

So, my brake pedal is like 4-5" in front of the gas pedal, and the gas pedal is like 2" from the firewall. I was wondering if it's possible to move the brake pedal back a couple inches, and the gas pedal forward to meet in the middle?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440

tparker

Just going off of memory, I don't think the brake pedal can easily be adjusted. Maybe there is a way of adjusting the pushrod to the master cylinder. The gas pedal seems like it should be adjustable by changing the how the cable moves. But not sure. Just throwing out ideas.

Chryco Psycho

For the accelerator pedal where the cable is clamped on the engine there is a range on the steel sleeve where it can be adjusted , moving the steel sleeve as far back as possible in the clamp without opening the throttle or changing idle speed is where you need to have it set , if your pedal is set that low  you may not get full throttle .
The brake pedal sits too high in all E bodies but often requires that much travel , you can modify the pushrod but shortening it to lower the pedal but make sure you have 100% of the braking power before hitting the floor ! :wrenching:

MoparsNBurnouts

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440

anlauto

Just put a block of wood on the gas pedal :D :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

But it has to be a date coded OEM Block of wood