Main Menu

Are these seatbelts complete

Started by GoMangoBoys, July 19, 2020, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I met a guy at the Carlisle swap last week that has texted me with some seatbelts that he has.  We need a set for our car.  Can anyone tell me if ths set looks complete.  I have a picture in my head of what they look like in the car, and this set does not seem right to me.  It looks to me like there is one pair too many of retractors and one pair too few of straight belts with black buckles.

Also,  Any tips for cleaning up and restoring these?  Some of the chrome plated parts have some rust.  I am guessing that I am not the first guy to have this problem.

Any concept on a fair price for this set?

Thank you.

Challenger in NC

Here's a good resource. They have photos showing various sets, including e-body.

http://allmoparseatbelts.com/

I had Bill & Robin restore my set and they did a great job. They can give you a quote to either restore yours or maybe use your set as a core for trade in.

anlauto

If you have a hardtop, it looks like you're missing two of the female latches for the shoulder belts :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vert

there should be 2 retractors, for the front seat belts and looks like there is. there should also be a plastic cover for the retractors, that goes under the carpet and those 2 slotted pieces screw into to hold the carpet in place. those look missing.
I don't believe all 70 Challengers had shoulder straps, mine does not though it is a convertible.

unless you need OEM for a numbers matching show car you can likely spend less for a brand new set. www.pgclassic.com sells complete sets in all colors.

drew43a

I just aquired some also.  Should the front latch belts be a double? one for lap and one for shoulder?  the ones i have are sewn together 2 buckles and 2 mounting plates.

anlauto

Quote from: drew43a on July 21, 2020, 03:48:56 AM
I just aquired some also.  Should the front latch belts be a double? one for lap and one for shoulder?  the ones i have are sewn together 2 buckles and 2 mounting plates.

YES, for a hardtop, that is correct.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YYZ

The set also appears to be missing one of the short, male, belts for the rear seat area (not hard to find).

On the plus side, there are some extra belts, including front retractors.

At the middle of the right side appears to be a cover for the rear view mirror base on E-body convertibles (that the visors latch into).  That is a hard-to-find part on its own.

drew43a

i think i have that short one for the back seat. im not putting any belts in my back seat.

anlauto

I think both short rears are there :rubeyes:

drew43a

70 E body             Retractor part number 4749 2 req.   Lap belt part number 4770 4 req. (Front and rear the same)  Shoulder belt Part number 4747 2 req.   
Front Buckles part number 4752 only one tag on the front double buckles. 2 req. for front seats. One belt is longer then the other.
  Back seat Buckle single belt 2 Req.  part number 4752
bolts part numbers C11 6 req.  C12 2 req.