Main Menu

Seatbelt bolt position?

Started by Mrbill426, July 12, 2023, 08:03:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

So here I go again with more questions.
I could use some help with my seatbelt bolt positions; I didn't realize I have three different lengths with three different shoulders.  Ten total bolts.  The arrangement is front retractors on the outside of the buckets, bolted to the rockers; front short belts on the inside bolted the the tunnel, and the long shoulder belts are bolted to the roof.
In back the retractors and short belts bolt in behind and under the seat.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Mrbill426

@Jay Bee thanks for that; I did see @Cuda Cody post when I used the search feature but it doesn't match what's on the car, which is a 1972.  It has (2) C10, (4) C11, and (4) C13 bolts.  Zero C12 bolts.  I do have a parts book that lists the shoulder bolts but it does not indicate where they go and only states (AR) as required.  My ('72) factory body manual shows them for "Valiant" but again does not identify them by number, nor is the configuration the same.  The "Barracuda" is not mentioned.

Quote from: Jay Bee on July 13, 2023, 04:56:17 AM
From our Reference Material
https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/seat-belt-bolts-numbers-and-location-on-an-e-body/182/msg1717#msg1717

Mrbill426

I'm thinking that maybe the two longest ones are for the front seat shoulder belts?  :thinking:

Quote from: Mrbill426 on July 12, 2023, 08:03:14 PM
So here I go again with more questions.
I could use some help with my seatbelt bolt positions; I didn't realize I have three different lengths with three different shoulders.  Ten total bolts.  The arrangement is front retractors on the outside of the buckets, bolted to the rockers; front short belts on the inside bolted the the tunnel, and the long shoulder belts are bolted to the roof.
In back the retractors and short belts bolt in behind and under the seat.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!