Main Menu

Dakota Digital gauges

Started by gumby, February 06, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

I didn't realize they had the ability to do a quad gauge similar to original. Looks very nice amthoma.
And welcome to the site.   :wave:       You aren't all that far from me. Blaine is just north of the twin cities?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

PLUM72

Love the rendering of the Dakota Digital in the rallye set up!  If they were able to have the standard DD offering look more like the rallye gauge set up, I would be in!  To fully restore a rallye cluster you're looking at a grand if things need to be repainted, cleaned and calibrated.  You could buy the DD set up and sell the OE rallye cluster and almost net even.

It would be a perfect mod for the 72-74 crowd, as these tend to bring more money modified than restored stock.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: amthoma on February 26, 2018, 08:00:10 AM
What do people think of this render I had Dakota draw up? Trying to get the clock a little closer to OEM, but they say they can only use white needles on the clock.

Definitely the best rendering yet to OEM but the original Dakota setup seems more practical as far as reading visibility.
Lack of clock is normally no big deal in that now-a-days mobile phones and aftermarket radios have one built in.
Never-the -less your rendering is far superior to OEM while still keeping it looking original.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: amthoma on February 26, 2018, 08:00:10 AM
What do people think of this render I had Dakota draw up? Trying to get the clock a little closer to OEM, but they say they can only use white needles on the clock.

What is the LCD screen below the speedo?  It reads 12:00 which makes me think clock.... If you have a digital clock IMO I'd loose the clock in the fourth pod & do double gauges...

amthoma

The digital readout can show various data, and just like the look of the clock. My car had the standard dash and is going to be more along the restomod path so was looking for something a little different, but still close to stock. Just haven't liked the look of most of the custom dashes I have seen, but this seems to fit the bill.

amthoma

Crash520

Very nice option to the rallye gauge original set up, DD are stepping up to the plate
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

amthoma

Here is the new render I just received.

303 Mopar

Quote from: amthoma on February 26, 2018, 02:49:13 PM

What are the two digital readouts?  Odometer and _____?

amthoma

Can change the digital readouts with odometer, trip meter, clock, and performance meters.

Brads70

Looks great, that is what I would choose if I had a rally set up!   :clapping:  :bradsthumb:

PlumCrazyRTSE

Wow, that looks nice. 

Oil and Volts labels appear to be swapped.

Brads70

Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on February 27, 2018, 01:08:42 AM

Wow, that looks nice. 

Oil and Volts labels appear to be swapped.
Good eye!

gumby

THANK YOU AMTHOMA! Just recieved my new gauges from Dakota Digital this morning.
They look exactly like the rendering amthoma showed.

They are OUTSTANDING! Very nice! All modern, yet pay homage to the originals.
Words cannot describe... I'll try and get a pic, maybe tomorrow? I don't have the capability right now.

WoW! Way better than sending old gauges out for a rebuild. GPS, accelerometer, everything. VERY NICE!

DD has hit a HOME RUN outta the PARK with these gauges! wow, just... - WOW!

amthoma

JUst wondering if you have a pic yet? I still haven't pulled the trigger as my car is a ways from reassembly.