Main Menu

Dakota Digital gauges

Started by gumby, February 06, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

Sorry buddy, I do not have a pic. At this time I have no way of providing a pic.

Rest assured, the real deal is so effing unbelievable, worth every penny, cool.

I cannot stress how cool this gauge setup is. It would not have been possible without your help.

I kept calling and talking and changing, and then you finally submitted the template for the final vision. THANK YOU!

The ONLY thing, is that the clock hands are white, not red. NO BIG DEAL to me.

The rest, is perfection. It is truly beautiful, a work of art.

I had ordered a set, then kept changing depending on your designs. They were so happy? (l0l) to work with me, with all of the
changes. They never said a word. They just delivered. Everything is to perfect scale. Everything looks "old school"
It's all modern, yet retro. It's as close to the old gauges that you are ever going to get.

It IS PERFECT! you will NOT be disapointed.

My phone is an old LG slider with a broken USB port. I can't take pics. sorry. Can take pics but can't transfer them.

All I can say, it was cheaper - same price - than sending out my old gauges. MUCH nicer. Old school vibe.

They are SO BAD A$$. that's all.

I would even bet that those who aren't in the know - and several that are, would not even realize that these aren't the real MOPAR deal.
They are THAT cool. and SPOT on. No chevy guy would know, anyway, lol.

nsmall

You are either one truly satisfied customer or secretly work for Dakota Gauges.  No seriously, I am really happy they worked out.  Yes we want pics.

gumby

after seeing all the other alternatives out there, I was disapointed. to say the least.

it took awhile for them to deliver - but, I kept making changes.

Everything is way better than I could have hoped for.

Yes, the speedo goes to 160, Yes the tach isn't FACTORY correct ( but it is close, and the colors match the originals, Yes, the four independant gauges don't have a cover, and you can see the
4 points "hubs" of the needles, but it's all black. Yes, the clock does not have red needles. None of these were a deal breaker for me.

They customize. If you want different, ask and they will deliver. It may cost more. I probably made 3 or 4 changes. Maybe 5, lol. Mid-stream.

Nit picky BS. The gauges look exactly as the pics shown above. It is as close as you are going to get with modern gauges. It looks SPOT ON, to me.

And it was cheaper than sending my old gauges out to get re-built, and has all of the modern features one could want. (gps, etc) WIN-WIN situation. For me, anyway.

Around $1600. Worth every penny to me. Came with a wiring harness, HOLY SCHNIIKE! ALL the wiring! OMG! The AEROMOTIVE tank and pump, everything! WIRING! lol.
I hate wiring.
but I paid extra for an interface module. To hook up with HellCat computer. (MORE WRING!) lol.

It's all good. Call them, e-mail them. I'm sure they took pictures. I'm a happy camper!

They really are outstanding, very high quality. NOT cheapo junk, these are VERY NICE HIGH QUALITY that you can see, and FEEL gauges.
It's the entire cluster. Metal. HIGH QUALITY. Worth every penny! I can't stress how high quality this gauge cluster is.

Dakota Digital is the real deal. No cheapo crap from them. Everything is professional. Supreme quality. You get what you pay for.

You get your monies worth. VERY happy.

RUNCHARGER

We sell a lot of Dakota Digital at work. It is not my thing but I have never heard a complaint about the product.
Sheldon

JonH

For those of you that have purchased the DD gauges, did you purchase the dash dimmer switch? According to their web site you have to use their switch. Does anyone have a pic of it installed in a rally dash? This is the only thing holding me back from buying the gauge cluster as they say the stock switch will not work. Any feedback is appreciated...

Crash520

I did but don't use it as you can program day and night backlight illumination through the two programming buttons, I did install the dimmer however I modified the dimmer shaft to take the Mopar dimmer knob, bottom line you don't need it to be honest
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Msbaugh440

I purchased these about a month ago. I must say thanks for sharing all of your info here. I'm about halfway done with the wiring. Really pretty simple installation! 

JonH

Thanks Crash...I guess I was really wondering about the look, and whether the original knob could be made to work with their switch. I will have stock wiper and headlight switches and didn't want the dimmer switch to look out of place.

Crash520

Short answer is yes you can alter the DD dimmer shaft to suit the Mopar dimmer knob
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

gumby

Well, I don't have them installed yet. But they are BAD ASS COOL!

JonH

Well for those of you thinking about purchasing some of these, you will now need a bigger wallet. I have been wanting to buy these and ended up dragging my feet too long. They now cost $1495 for the rally set. That's right, the price went up $500. Don't know when or why. I can only guess the reason is they are now offering the non rally standard cluster for $995. That is what the rally cluster cost just a month or 2 ago when I last checked. The old adage, you snooze you lose, certainly applies here...:headbang:

JonH

Quote from: JonH on February 18, 2019, 08:09:49 PM
Well for those of you thinking about purchasing some of these, you will now need a bigger wallet. I have been wanting to buy these and ended up dragging my feet too long. They now cost $1495 for the rally set. That's right, the price went up $500. Don't know when or why. I can only guess the reason is they are now offering the non rally standard cluster for $995. That is what the rally cluster cost just a month or 2 ago when I last checked. The old adage, you snooze you lose, certainly applies here...:headbang:

Well I stand corrected. After going back and looking again, they still have the rally cluster for $995. For $1495 they are offering a newer updated version with more bells and whistles. My mistake for not looking at the site a little closer... :Thud:

Msbaugh440

No what the difference is between the two? I haven't installed my yet but bought them before the price change

ragtopdodge

New version I believe has some more driver information in a tiny LED window:

Old style:

ledphoot

I went with their non-rallye instrumentation... I got the Holley Sniper integration box as well.. Should make for a really clean wiring setup if everything works as advertised.