Main Menu

Dash Light Panel Questions

Started by Gary AAR, December 11, 2019, 09:15:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Wanted to provide an update on the light bar lens.  I received the lenses from Instrument Specialties.  The lenses provided turned out to be green instead of blue, and are slightly thicker than the original blue lens.  I called Instrument Specialties, and they told me the green color lens is all they have, and have been using it for light bar restorations they have done in the past for other customers.  They recommend a clear bulb along with the green lens to get close to the original look.  They also provided pop rivets to install the lenses to the sheet metal panel instead of the correct tubular rivets. 

I'm planning to give these green lenses a try along with a clear bulb, and the correct tubular rivets.  It will be a little while before this work will be done.

Anybody use Instrument Specialties to have their light bar restored?  How did the use of green lenses turn out?

bldeagle1

How did it turn out? Looking to do mine
Former:
1974 Challenger, 318/727 (first car)

Current:
2016 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker (Factory Ordered)
1972 Top Banana Rallye 4 Speed (in restoration)

70vert

I went with the "white" LED bulbs in mine, the blue lenses were still good and actually prefer the blue-ish light since my car is blue. I've since replaced all the bulbs with LED, except the headlights (which are next).