Main Menu

Dash mounted reverse light indicator question

Started by 70sublime, March 02, 2021, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70sublime

Hello, can anybody tell me why some AUTOMATIC cars came with a reverse indicator light on the dash while most other automatics did not? I thought it was only 4spd cars that had that indicator?  Part of a extra option package perhaps? If so, what option code if anybody knows? Just curious. Thanks - Grant

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body web site in the world...

NO AUTOMATIC E Body ever came with a "reverse light" on the dash. 

Is it possible you're confusing it with the 'seat belt" light which was part of the deluxe seat belt option in 1970 ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70sublime

Hahahaha! You are right! Thanks for picture.  I was looking at some 70-74 Challenger/Cuda books and noticed that indicator on the dash of a automatic. I thought it was a reverse indicator since it's almost in same position. Ok, I feel like a bonehead.

Mr Lee

I never knew that.  Cool! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

70/6chall

My '70 Challenger has the dash mounted fasten seat indicator lamp. It is exactly the same as the 4-speed indicator lamp. Of course instead of the amber plastic lens that says reverse mine says seat belts in red plastic. I did some research on Google to get some info on this option to find it was included with the deluxe seat belts. I found a pic of the two indicator lamps together. Thanks,   Al