Main Menu

Dash trim and a pillars

Started by GoMangoBoys, July 10, 2020, 04:14:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I need the lower left dash trim for a 70 challenger.  Will the trim from a 72 fit?  Same question relative to the a pillar plastic?  I am at the swap now.

anlauto

1970 is a unique one year only piece. Others may fit but won't be correct.

Make your way to Tony's parts, he sells new ones and you can see the difference on his display boards... I know he's in Row"B" , I'm not sure what number but he's near the end buy the gates...maybe like B10 or so  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Here's a comparison. This is the right side but the same stuff applies to the left.

Burdar

The screw locations on the A-pillars changed over the years too.

GoMangoBoys

I ended up buying what I think is the correct lower left trim piece for the 70 dash.  It is part number 2984045.

I did not see the post about the A pillars having different screw locations until now.   Late this afternoon I bought a pair of decent a pillar trims pieces for $70. Hopefully what I bought will work.  If not, look for them to be for sale.
Thanks

anlauto

A Pillar trims will work, just mark and drill new holes in the pillar if you have to. No one's going to know the difference :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

You got the correct LH trim piece. 2984045 is 1970 Challenger only, 2984025 is all the others.

GoMangoBoys