Main Menu

WIW Lower Dash Trim

Started by Daveh, November 29, 2017, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I need the lower left side dash trim for my challenger.  I came across one for $75.00 dollars in great condition.  Is that a reasonable price or should I wait for a less expensive one?  The attached pic isn't the one in question I just wanted you to see what I was looking for.  Thanks

6bblgt

what year Challenger?

'70 Challenger is '70 Chalenger ONLY & the one pictured isn't correct, $75 sound resonable for an orignal '70 Challenger piece w/no issues/cracks/repairs/repaint

anlauto

Depends on the year. You can get reproduction 71-74 one's for $75 brand new. The 70 Challenger ones are $110 New....

So if you're getting an original 70 Challenger piece for $75, then I guess it's an okay deal....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

It's for my 71 challenger.  I thought the new ones didn't fit that great that's why I was looking for OEM. 

anlauto

I think $75 is a little high for a 45 year old brittle original 71-74 part. I haven't had to use the new reproductions yet, so I can't comment.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

garity

I bought a used one three years ago for $45 and the reproduction ones were about $60 so the $75 sounds about ballpark for the reproduction. I looked a long time, too.

cuda hunter

I just purchased a pair of red 70 originals for 175. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Daveh

I'm just going to get a new one from Dave and see how that works out.  It should be fine.  Thanks guys.