Main Menu

Do the repro ebody rally gauge light tubes have the correct tabs on them?

Started by Cuda Cody, September 10, 2024, 12:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Does someone have a set of reproduction light tubes that could check and see if the tabs are all different?  Originals all had a different tab location to hold the lenses in place level and correct.  Wondering if the repop kits are all the same or are they like the originals?

blown motor

Interested in this. I had my dash redone a few years ago and had to buy new light tubes. At night there is light shining out onto the gauges when I signal so something is not right. Maybe they aren't all cut the same somehow. Didn't realize there was different tab locations. If the repops have that it wouldn't be too hard to check and see if I have them in the right locations.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

moreparts

It's been a lot of years since I bought one, but I do believe the one I got did have the tabs.

Cuda Cody

I'm pretty sure the repops have the tabs, but do they have the tabs in the 3 different positions like the originals or did they just reproduce 1 and give you 3 of the same one?

Quote from: moreparts on September 10, 2024, 12:47:00 PMIt's been a lot of years since I bought one, but I do believe the one I got did have the tabs.

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: