Main Menu

Dome Light Question (How to)

Started by SwissCuda, September 01, 2018, 07:55:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SwissCuda

I have purchased online a new dome light for my 1970 Cuda.
It is sold as "Fits 70-74 E-Bodies" but I was not able to mount it. The dome light comes with two clips, I think the clips are for the cable, anyways in the roof there are 4 small holes and the some light no screws and two large oval holes..
Any suggestion on how to mount it? I asked in other forum with no success.. pls help!

Finoke

Yes, it only mounts using two of the holes. On my challenger I had to use the front two holes with the bulb socket towards the front of the car. If you use the two rear holes the bulb socket will be towards the rear of the car and hit the headliner bow. At least on my 70 Challenger.

So basically only half the light is on the mounting surface and the other half is beveled and hangs off.

HEMICUDA

Yep, front 2 screws with the bulb facing forward.  Look in the holes, you'll see which ones have threads in them.

Claudia

:iagree: Use only the front two mounting holes to attach the dome light assembly with screws.  Side of the dome light assembly with the bulb socket should be toward the front of the car which should be out of the way of the bulb socket hitting the inner roof structure rib.