Main Menu

Door Window Guide Question

Started by Gary AAR, February 17, 2022, 08:03:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Working to get the door windows ready for installation in my 70 Cuda.  I have a couple of questions about one of the window guides.
1.  Do I have the o-ring and (2) thin plastic shims in the the right location (O-ring is the on shoulder of the bolt, and two plastic shims go between the black and white plastic guide pieces)?  See picture below.  I'm fairly certain these are the right locations from when I disassembled things, but want to be sure.  I didn't see the o-ring or (2) plastic shims in the Parts Catalog or Service Manual.
2.  I assume when I assemble this guide to the window that I tighten the bolt to the point that the black guide piece is still able to rotate/pivot so that it can self align in the channel when the window goes up and down?
Thanks for the help.

FE5CUDA

You are absolutely correct, one on the top and the other on the bottom.  If you're using reproduction nylon guides, before you install the glass in the door, I would slide the metal glass guide up the glass, I've had to replace the reproductions nylon guides with originals because they were way to tight.