Main Menu

Educate me please!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2023, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

Apparently Roseville does have them but it looks like they're sold individually.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-71-e-body-rally-gauge-reset-knob-screw-kit/

If you need both (clock & trip odometer) Vans was the least expensive at $44.00 for a pair and free shipping within the US.

Spikedog08

Ok had some time to visit the garage again . . Some more questions.   So first, didn't know the standard dash AC on the left end of the setup was one piece.  I thought the vent was removable . . So if I want to keep the vent for future AC install . . I need a rallye dash AC lower dash . .  Correct ?

Next is the AC / heater control the same for standard and rallye setup?  I have a feeling it is not with the curve on the bezel which would indicate standard setup! 

Also . .  So I have a very nice rallye dash light bar and wonder what the opening on the end is for? 

Lastly . . Here is what I'm working with . . Just a shot of the setup!   :D

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

The AC/heater control is different for a rallye dash, no curved corner. And , if I recall, the two lower dash pieces meet under the steering column. So the radio bezel is different also.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

The opening on the end of the light bar is for the optional A01 light group flood lamp :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: blown motor on March 30, 2023, 05:50:36 AM
So the radio bezel is different also.

The radio bezels are the same. I used the original from my standard dash.

A picture is worth a thousand words - Switch Title Lamp.

Jay Bee

Hey SpikeDog80, your dashpad doesn't have vents so why would you want your heater panel to have one? Just asking. Are you thinking you might change the pad in the future too?

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-74-e-body-ralley-heater-ac-control-panel/

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-74-e-body-ralley-heater-control-panel/

EDIT: If you go with the non-AC one you'll need the sliders/levers. I'm not 100% sure if the switch is transferable from you AC block to the non-AC bezel. Ebay has some standard dash panels with the parts that will switch over.

blown motor

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 30, 2023, 06:51:05 AM

I stand corrected.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 30, 2023, 06:58:04 AM
Hey SpikeDog80, your dashpad doesn't have vents so why would you want your heater panel to have one? Just asking. Are you thinking you might change the pad in the future too?

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-74-e-body-ralley-heater-ac-control-panel/

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-74-e-body-ralley-heater-control-panel/

EDIT: If you go with the non-AC one you'll need the sliders/levers. I'm not 100% sure if the switch is transferable from you AC block to the non-AC bezel. Ebay has some standard dash panels with the parts that will switch over.

The car is a factory A/C car and the wife would really like to have it installed.  I have the old pad but the Florida sun cooked it pretty bad.  On a positive note, the vent are in pretty good shape.  I am considering installing A/C but probably not this year.  Spring is getting close and I just want to get this back together and plan the A/C install for another winter.  Once this is back together, I need to focus on the hardtop that has been in storage since covid started. 

I have a very nice rallye non A/C heater control that I can install for now.  Just planning . . .

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 30, 2023, 06:51:05 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words - Switch Title Lamp.

Picture did help but. . .so this lights the headlight / wiper switch area?  Does it have a cover or is the bulb just colored?   Will my new harness have a plug for this? 

anlauto

It's a bulb socket with a blue/green cover....No you would need the A01 light group wiring which is not in the main harness :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

The Rallye dash A/C heater controller . . What holds it in position?  One screw in the front and ??? Something has to hold the rear of the thing . .

Skdmark

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 26, 2023, 03:07:47 PM
The Rallye dash A/C heater controller . . What holds it in position?  One screw in the front and ??? Something has to hold the rear of the thing . .

Attaches same as standard dash.
Screws in the front and one towards the back

Note the script on the repro AC panel is correct for late 71 to 74.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Skdmark on June 26, 2023, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 26, 2023, 03:07:47 PM

Attaches same as standard dash.
Screws in the front and one towards the back

Note the script on the repro AC panel is correct for late 71 to 74.

Ok so I have crawled under the dash and looked and looked and I see no where possible that the rear of the Rallye dash heater control can attach to?   Am I missing a small bracket or something?  Appreciate all help as usual .. 

Jay Bee

Any update on this endeavor.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 04, 2023, 08:06:50 AM
Any update on this endeavor.

This is a sad topic for me .  I did not get the convertible out this year as still sitting on jack stands in the garage.  I did get to drive the hardtop some but not running that great either.  Likes to stall when pushing in the clutch . . Almost glad we are headed into winter so I can tackle some of the issues.  Plus I plan to totally rebuild a pontoon boat over the winter . . Gonna be busy! 

:veryexcited: :tired: