Main Menu

Floor mats, Who makes the best?

Started by Shoooter, January 31, 2021, 09:22:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

You put the discount code in the "How did you hear about us " box....

Shoooter

146.96 Canadian shipped with logo and 188.55 with no logo using A53793D530B576 code.

When I went on ACC it says that the red Cuda insert colour I'd standard.  So I'm guessing it would be red on red. I can't find anywhere to chance it on rock auto or anywhere to contact them. Would you go with red on red or red on black if that was a option. The other options would be the plymouth logo in silver on the red mat. Or just plain red mat no logo

Thanks again everyone these will be about half the price of classics

Shoooter

I see ACC makes trunk mats as well. Is there a better brand? Do most people have the rubber ones or the vinyl ones?

Shoooter

Also when I put both the floor mats and the trunk mat in the cart shipping more than doubled even though they were from the same wear house. If i made two orders instead of the one I will save $18 in shipping costs. Just thought I would share as we all know shipping costs are crazy, Even more so to Canada.

69BFan

Due to our proximity of the Carpet Capital of the World, Dalton, GA, and to Auto Custom Carpet, we have direct interaction with ACC.  They have worked with us on several projects.  In regards to the floor mats, when viewing the website, there is a default color for each level.  If you will scroll down the page to section 7, you can select your thread color for the embroidery for the desired logo.  Just click onto the color.  The same applies to the color and material type that you desire.  Also, for a slight upcharge, they can embroider the rear mats as well.  Some guys like the plain look with no logos, which is an option as well.

As for as shipping, ACC has multiple buildings located in Alabama and Georgia.  Depending upon the product, that determines the number of boxes and shipping charges.  For example, if I order a carpet set and console strips for a 70 Charger, they are actually cut and molded in different locations and will ship in two different boxes.  I do not stock any carpet as I can order it and prior to Covid, it usually shipped within 36 hours of being ordered.  That insures a nice fresh product which eases installation.  ACC ships over 14 trailer loads of carpet out every day via UPS.  Even with my discounted shipping rate, the ACC shipping rates are much better than my contract rate.  Unfortunately, customs and duties kills the pricing for items crossing the border.

As for the trunk mats, ECS offers the most correct mat.  The issue is that most people have an issue with paying $150 for one of the mats when the ACC or REM mat is one third of that cost.  Just a matter of what your willing to pay and to what level of correctness that your willing to deal with.

For the E-Body applications, 95% of our sales is the REM brand.  I will not sell the cheap vinyl mats that are offered.  They are basically nothing other than a printed table cloth vinyl.  Both ACC and REM offers the heavy rubber mats.  The REM mat is more correct with the rougher surface on the back side where the ACC mat is slick on the back side.  Some buyers prefer the ACC print over the REM.  Personally, I feel that they are fairly close to each other.

Hopes that this might help those looking into these items.  If any questions, just drop me a message.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.