Main Menu

fresh air vent

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 21, 2020, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement for the rubber that is in this air vent?   I want to bead blast the flapper and am afraid that I will damage the rubber ring when I take it apart.  Also, it looks like I need a new gasket where it meets the cowl.
Thanks

HEMICUDA

I've never seen a replacement rubber.  Blast it, you won't hurt the rubber.

anlauto

As mentioned, bead blasting shouldn't affect rubber unless it's VERY dry rotted already. I've seen these vent boxes where the steel flap was rusted and the rubber was falling off, either case, I think it would be easier to source another vent box altogether if that is an issue with yours.

I don't think the rubber flap is available in reproduction, but you can find the correct foam gasket for where it meets the cowl at DMT Detroit Muscle Technologies. DMT products are also available from our site sponsor Roseville Moparts.    :twothumbsup:

Even though I think they'll sell you that ''one" gasket, you might just consider buying their gasket "kits". This one you need is found in their "firewall kit".
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration