Main Menu

Front seat belts

Started by Tantster, April 12, 2021, 03:15:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tantster

I've finally purchased new seat belts for the 70 Challenger and want to make sure I'm installing them correctly. I found an old post from 2018 showing a yellow Challenger (Cuda Cody's I thnk) and what I've done so far looks correct but want to make sure before I cut the carpet. Any tips to making the plastic fit better?

anlauto

They never fit that great, but your car is missing the wire shields, which makes it fit worse....no worries, once everything is screwed in place, they won't move around :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Where did you buy the seatbelts? I am in need of some correct seat belts for my car...

Tantster

Purchased them from Dave at Roseville.  :)

Tantster

thanks Alan. Don't recall there being any wire shields in it, the interior was pretty gutted when I got it and this is my first project.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mr Lee

Hmm. When I put mine in, I had them positioned a little differently. On your second pic, i would turn it counter clockwise so that the part thats pointing up in the air is laying more flat.  In other words, the face that has the hole in it for the seatbelt to go through, should be more horizontal.  I dont know if this is "correct " but thats the way mine seemed to fit better. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dylo

Do these things live under the carpet?

anlauto

dylo

Ok dammit I just put my carpet in! I better address that before i put my seats back in.

Previously mine were on top of the carpet with offcuts glued to them. Now I know why my carpet is sitting strangely in that seat belt bolt corner.