Main Menu

Gauge needle colour question - Update - Finally done

Started by blown motor, March 29, 2017, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Convertcuda

Not to steal the thread but who does a quality job on the restoring the gauges these days? Someone that would do it right the first time.

cataclysm80

I hear good things about...
Auto Instruments
Instrument Specialties
Redline Gauges

blown motor

Well I finally got everything put back together this afternoon and this long frustrating process is over. It looks good but I couldn't get the switch bezel to line up perfectly with the gauge bezel as you can see by the silver line top and bottom. I can push it up in line but it won't stay there. Funny thing, when I got home and looked at the pictures I noticed I missed tightening one screw. By the time I got it all back together it was raining so I didn't bring it home. I need to make some room in the shed for it anyway.

You can see that Mr heaterbox who did the restoration work can put out a good looking end result but they are so frustrating to deal with that I highly recommend not doing business with them. Enough said.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

jimynick

I agree with Cody, Murray, it looks great and truth be known, it probably fits at least as well as when it left the factory.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Shoooter

How does everyone clean and polish the clear plastic cover?  Also what is the best way to clean the black background without damaging it?

Cuda Cody

I polish them just like I polish paint.  I use a small little 3" polish wheel on an air tool.  If you are only doing it once or twice you might be okay with a cheap tool..

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-pneumatic-polisher-kit-99934.html

I use the 3 pads just like polishing a car... Wool, yellow, black pads.

Quote from: Shoooter on July 07, 2017, 01:53:59 PM
How does everyone clean and polish the clear plastic cover?  Also what is the best way to clean the black background without damaging it?

Shoooter

Got the needles done now to polish the plastic!

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Shoooter

After looking at a picture of my needles before they don't look as orange as before? Should i find another colour Or are these acceptable? I have the lens polished up and ready for install.

Cuda Cody

If you are happy, then that is all that matters.  If they were mine I would prefer them a little more orange and I would double check to make sure they glow with the light (special paint).   :alan2cents:

Shoooter

It's the same fluorescent paint jay bee used on his. The only other paint I can find in town is very very orange almost to orange. 

Cuda Cody

Just run with it.  It will look good as it is.   :twothumbsup:

Quote from: Shoooter on July 28, 2017, 03:33:10 PM
It's the same fluorescent paint jay bee used on his. The only other paint I can find in town is very very orange almost to orange.