Main Menu

seat covers

Started by GoMangoBoys, April 22, 2020, 09:47:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I was given an almost complete set of seat covers by a member of the forum.  For the front buckets, I have 2 seat back vinyl covers and 1 seat bottom vinyl cover.  I am not sure if it is the driver or passenger side seat bottom that I have.  I need to see if I can get someone to sell me just 1 seat bottom instead of the whole set.  I will also need the back seat (both parts)
Can someone suggest the best place for me to talk to about getting just a seat bottom?  Obviously, I need to first figure out which bottom that we need.
I will also need the had panels for the back of the bucket seats.
Thanks

Cuda Cody

What year are the seats?

Legendary might be a good place to start. 

Dakota

Look at the holes in the cover close to the rear edge of the seat.   There will be two holes under the spot where the metal loop for the seat latch is normally installed.   There's a single hole under the location of a flat washer that's serves as a "landing spot" for a cushion from the upper section of the seat.   

The latch will be on the left for the driver side and on the right for the passenger.   

This is a photo of the driver side front bucket seat bottom.

RJChallenger

On 70-71 seats the bottoms can go on either side. It is the backrest section that is driver or passenger specific.

GoMangoBoys

Ours is a 1970 Challenger R/T

anlauto

Yea if they're new they can go on either side  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration