Main Menu

Headliner install questions

Started by GoMangoBoys, September 21, 2022, 04:23:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

It looks like we may attempt to do our own headliner installation.  Can anyone who has done theirs tell me if this video that shows it on the 72 Challenger applies to the 70?  The only differences that I see are that the 70 bows go into pocket clips whereas this guy's 72 has the bows clipping directly into the roof frame.  Also, the teeth at the bottom of the sail panel are a separate piece on the 70 where they look to be part of the sail panel support frame on the 72 shown in the video.  I am a little bummed because I have my side window glass all lined up to the rubber molding around the top.  It looks like I have to remove the rubber and the inner trim piece to install the headliner.  Do I need the same metal clips that this guy is using to secure the headliner to the sides?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEAGkQx5EuU&t=1222s

I am actually happy to pay an interior guy to do this for me, but due to timing and logistics, it needs to be done in MY shop.  All the guys that I have used, won't work on stuff outside of their own shop.  I do have one more local guy that I plan to call tomorrow.

tparker

Not sure what I used as a reference but it was fairly easy. I just looked partly through the one you referenced and it mostly looks the same. The main difference I saw was that I recall the bows didn't go into the roof directly, but instead there were these little triangle holders that held the bow rods.

I don't recall where I sprayed adhesive. On the front and back windows for sure, but I don't recall on the side windows, but it makes sense I did.

My advise is to just to go slow and take your time. I have a couple small wrinkles cause I got a little impatient and missed it. This was where the rail with the teeth are near the sail panel and up to the rear quarter glass. Just pay attention to that area