Main Menu

Best window regulator/ track slide lubricant?

Started by usraptor, May 18, 2017, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Okay, I've cleaned off 47 years of dried/caked lubricant off my window regulators, crank assembly and the guide slides, etc.  Did an internet search along with a search here and on CC.com without finding a good answer.  What's the best lubricant to use to replace what the factory used?  White lithium grease or something else?  The reference material lists a Chrysler part no. but that doesn't tell me what kind of grease it is.  Also, does the manual crank assemble use a different kind of grease than the window guides/slides?  The old grease on my crank assembly looks like a bearing type grease while the guide/slides looks like lithium grease.  :notsure:

1 Wild R/T

There's nothing heavily loaded that would need a wheel bearing type grease... Light grease requires less effort to operate the windows, you need something that doesn't dry out & harden up.... Lately I've been using

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-03044-Lubricating-Spray-Weight/dp/B0013J84BY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1495152984&sr=8-5&keywords=ptfe+spray

anlauto

I use white grease....Then once everything is finished being adjusted I spray it down with either chain lube or Krown F40 rust proofing...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

silicone grease may work better ,it never drys or hardens & wasn't around when they built the cars .

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 18, 2017, 05:43:39 PM
silicone grease may work better ,it never drys or hardens & wasn't around when they built the cars .

I was sold on that idea back in the early 90's.... And in the last few years I've had a hell of a time cleaning all the old rock hard grease out of some window mechanisms....  They say it never hardens, Well never is a really long time...

Cuda Cody

usraptor

Thanks everybody for the suggestions and thanks Cody for the diagram of lubrication points!  :twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

I use Door Ease. It comes in a stick, easy to rub it over the winder teeth and it sticks. Pretty sure it is what the factory used.
Sheldon