Main Menu

window regulator repair??

Started by ec_co, May 08, 2020, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

is there a kit, company or procedure to repair a rusted window regulator? both of my rears are a little rusty and won't budge. not having much luck finding much info to either restore what I have myself or someone that does it. didn't want to just start drilling out the rivets to see what's inside without asking here first (especially if it's a bad idea). any thoughts?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

ec_co

I can't be the only one that's had to deal with rusted regulators. any advice? just jump in, drill out the rivets, remove innards, dip it all in rust remover and go from there??? trying not to screw it up
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

70 Challenger Lover

I had a stripped out one and had to hunt down a replacement. No one makes quarter regulators and Challenger ones are different. After that I found another pair and grabbed them just to have in case. If you can't repair them, let me know. I can sell you mine. The chances of me really needing them are practically zero.