Main Menu

Bucket Seat Hinge Cover Button Late 1971-1974

Started by RayL, March 21, 2024, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RayL

1973 Challenger

Anyone know where to find Bucket Seat Hinge Cover Buttons for late 1971-1974 seats? I've found the earlier version for 1970-early 71 at Megapartsusa.com, but no luck for the newer part.

Thanks!

Bullitt-

I don't know what you have but it isn't a '73 e-body seat
release was completely different after '71

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Claudia

If you are looking for the actual push buttons, here is a link: https://www.musclecarparts.cc/shop/item.aspx/1971-72-be-body-bucket-seat-knobs/9018/?gad_source=4&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwYSwBhDcARIsAOyL0fhgQWtbWxVzGmQ4vmOXMwYULi7pouAFDQayQXPRFuJaHjUnUICQpy4aAt7REALw_wcB

Push buttons are available through multiple avenues although I have not seen any reproduction buttons in black but it looks like you have the chrome looking buttons.

I have attached some pictures from my seat restoration if they assist you at all. 
Also, I think your retaining bracket may be on backwards . . . or maybe I installed mine backwards???

RayL

@usraptor : thanks for the links. Roseville Moparts doesn't seem to have the buttons to match up with the seats in my car. And since I do not know exactly what year / model car these came from...

@Bullitt- : Agreed. I doubt these are original to the car. I have seen a few Challengers at shows with similar seats but didn't know I'd soon be searching for this obscure part at the time.

Thanks for the replies!

RayL

Quote from: Claudia on March 25, 2024, 08:58:05 AMIf you are looking for the actual push buttons, here is a link: https://www.musclecarparts.cc/shop/item.aspx/1971-72-be-body-bucket-seat-knobs/9018/?gad_source=4&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwYSwBhDcARIsAOyL0fhgQWtbWxVzGmQ4vmOXMwYULi7pouAFDQayQXPRFuJaHjUnUICQpy4aAt7REALw_wcB

Push buttons are available through multiple avenues although I have not seen any reproduction buttons in black but it looks like you have the chrome looking buttons.

I have attached some pictures from my seat restoration if they assist you at all. 
Also, I think your retaining bracket may be on backwards . . . or maybe I installed mine backwards???

@Claudia - Nice work on those seats. What year/model car did they come from? The buttons & brackets are exactly what I'm trying to find. Is there a difference between the brackets on the left/right seats? I'm guessing you installed the bracket correctly and the PO had only the passenger side bracket and installed it backwards on the driver's side seat in my car.

And thanks for the link to Josh's Muscle Car Parts. WOW $122.49 each is steep! And that's without the bracket that I also need. I've had no luck so far on the forums and struck out last year at Carlisle Chrysler Nationals. Knowing the range of cars these seats were used in will help expand my search. Until then, these parts are staying on my nice to have list.

Thanks for the reply!

Claudia

Thank you!  My seats took a long time to complete (my first time rebuilding seats) but I was happy with the end result!  I do not know what my seats originally came out of but I assumed a late '71 since they had the push button cages welded to the sides of the seat back frames. 

I do not recall a difference in the retaining brackets from LH to RH.

Push buttons are offered from a couple different vendors . . .

Classic Industries (link below) offers the push buttons for about the same price as Josh's Muscle Cars but again, they are just the push buttons.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/plymouth/barracuda/parts/md475004.html

eBay (link below) has some show up (used) from time to time but again, comparable in price to new and just the push buttons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155375580470?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=155375580470&targetid=1645685074288&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9015781&poi=&campaignid=20394324632&mkgroupid=148892315742&rlsatarget=pla-1645685074288&abcId=9317261&merchantid=114716294&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwouexBhAuEiwAtW_Zxyc4e_QfnkxK8FPtwZb12gmJon3uwFxVAd7UYKFxK5zHlCAZhBWrQBoCIuYQAvD_BwE

I have not been able to locate any in black but again, I was lucky as my seats already had the push buttons and retaining brackets.  I just had to clean and paint everything.