Main Menu

Interior sanity check - 70 bucket seats

Started by HP_Cuda, October 31, 2017, 09:50:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

I have a set of 70 seats that I have been sittting on (all puns intended!) and now I think I want to get them redone.

I am entertaining getting the covers and foam from Legendary and then possibly getting everything else from YO since they have a 30% off sale. If Dave @ Roseville has all this stuff I'll ask him for his help.

Parts list for 70 Bucket seats:
Legandary covers
Foams
Seatbacks

Comments and or opinions welcome.

My plan is to strip down what I have, media blast and then powder coat the frame and then hand it off to an upholster to finish.

Thanks,
Bryan
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dave73

Somewhat related, what type of seat covers does YearOne sell? Look like a great deal but assuming they aren't legendary?

HP_Cuda

I don't think they are legendary but possibly PUI.

Anyone know?

1 Wild R/T

Year One sells PUI..  :thumbdown: They also sell Palco Seat Backs...  :thumbdown: Get your Legendary stuff through Dante & get your Metro brand seat backs through Dave....

Dante's Mopar Parts

19 Turtle Creek Dr

Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
Phone: (609) 332-4194
Calls are welcome:
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM EST
Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

anlauto

You can get Legendary stuff through Legendary as well. Dante may give you a better deal ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on October 31, 2017, 02:23:16 PM
You can get Legendary stuff through Legendary as well. Dante may give you a better deal ?

Yup, usually 10-15% less... Be sure to specify Legendary, I've heard he's been selling PUI too in order to be competitive for those who choose price over quality.....

anlauto

I have a business account with Legendary, so it's been years since I used Dante, but he always had great service.... :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Use Legendary only for the covers and Dante is a great fellow to deal with.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Ordered the covers and foam from Legendary and the seat backs from Dave.

Since there is a 30% off sale, I ordered direct as they will not pass this on.

dave73

How did you get 30% off? When I went on the site today it's only saying 20

HP_Cuda

Guess I'm special. Heh

Anyway, the way legendary runs their site I got my confirmation email on my order and it didn't show the discount. Apparently they will send another email a day later which will reflect the discount. I guess they run their fulfillment through a third party.

70cudaFun

I think Classic Industries have these as well and currently have a sale as well.  I bought this setup a few weeks ago and the quality is nice.