Main Menu

Just received the new Dakota Digital RTX gauges

Started by 72hemi, December 29, 2020, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

The new Dakota Digital RTX gauges have arrived! Here is my unboxing video and initial thoughts. I will post an installation video at a later date. Spoiler alert, I love them!

https://youtu.be/ntJgI1AG8X0
Life's too short to drive boring cars

anlauto

Quote from: 72hemi on December 29, 2020, 03:43:24 PM
The new Dakota Digital RTX gauges have arrived! Here is my unboxing video and initial thoughts. I will post an installation video at a later date. Spoiler alert, I love them!

I have a set ordered as well. Do you plan on adapting a stock wiring harness, or are you using some sort of aftermarket wiring ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72hemi

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2020, 05:02:25 PM

I have a set ordered as well. Do you plan on adapting a stock wiring harness, or are you using some sort of aftermarket wiring ?

I have a new reproduction dash harness from M&H that I will be using, but the gauges came with an independent harness that I'll use as well. We'll see how it goes.

jimynick

They look great! May I ask what their price is, as you got the kit? Thanks  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: 72hemi on December 29, 2020, 05:32:47 PM

I have a new reproduction dash harness from M&H that I will be using, but the gauges came with an independent harness that I'll use as well. We'll see how it goes.

Well I'll be following along, as I plan to do the same set-up. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on December 29, 2020, 06:13:40 PM
They look great! May I ask what their price is, as you got the kit? Thanks  :cheers:
Are you sitting down ?  $2138.77 CDN shipped to your door (well, my door actually) :bigmoney: :D

72hemi

Going back through my records it was $1534.95 US delivered.

72hemi

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2020, 06:47:48 PM
Quote from: 72hemi on December 29, 2020, 05:32:47 PM

Well I'll be following along, as I plan to do the same set-up. :drinkingbud:

Hoping to get it done within the next month. I have to order a Vintage Air system and install the under dash part before putting the dash back in.

anlauto

72hemi

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2020, 07:03:55 PM
:)) I'm doing Vintage Air on this car too... :bigthumb:

That's too funny! I'll be doing a vintage air install video as well.

Swamp Donkey

I guess I will be lurking on this thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2020, 06:51:32 PM
Are you sitting down ?  $2138.77 CDN shipped to your door (well, my door actually) :bigmoney: :D
Wow! I guess they're for a different class of owner than I. I'd stick a couple of Mackenzie Kings over the old gauges and then spend a couple of Bordens on S&W gauges.   :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"