Main Menu

Seat tracks, differences?

Started by Fern, August 07, 2023, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fern

Are all the seat tracks the same for all years?
I seen a set of tracks that don't have the wire or spring, it only locks on the outside track and has the same handle.

R/T's 4 R/P

Presuming your reference is to E-bodies...
70-71 have dual latching, meaning both inner and outer of each seat latch. There is a wire cable that connects them. The outer(door side) is the only one with the larger spring.

For 72 and later, only the outer has a latch. The inner just slides.
For 72 the cross-section is different than 70-71...sorry I don't have a comparison picture. I have a set that is packed up to sell at the Nats. The tracks are flatter and slightly wider than the 70-71.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Mrbill426

Are the inner tracks the exact same for left and right buckets?  Mine (a '72) looks like it has two left (driver) side free sliding tracks. :huh:  They function fine, just look odd.
I asked this question on another (seat) thread but no one replied.

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on August 08, 2023, 05:33:31 AM
Presuming your reference is to E-bodies...
70-71 have dual latching, meaning both inner and outer of each seat latch. There is a wire cable that connects them. The outer(door side) is the only one with the larger spring.

For 72 and later, only the outer has a latch. The inner just slides.
For 72 the cross-section is different than 70-71...sorry I don't have a comparison picture. I have a set that is packed up to sell at the Nats. The tracks are flatter and slightly wider than the 70-71.