Main Menu

Legendary Auto interiors...

Started by anlauto, February 22, 2022, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

I am interested, my 70 has the wrong pattern in it now.  Just not sure if mine came with leather originally as it has an overhead console ... still hoping for that elusive broadcast sheet to come in!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on June 24, 2022, 11:19:34 AM
I am interested, my 70 has the wrong pattern in it now.  Just not sure if mine came with leather originally as it has an overhead console ... still hoping for that elusive broadcast sheet to come in!
I'll send you some good pictures of the rear covers once I have them in hand. Should be next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duodec

Is Legendary still considered the best source for production upholstery for our cars?  Possibly barring a custom shop as someone mentioned above?

Jsand73440

I went ahead and ordered Year One Vinyl top for my challenger. They were backordered for months as well, but now in stock. I got it and that is a sight better than waiting until 2023 for a top from Legendary.

340Challman

As an update, I just got off the phone with Legendary and they are still a minimum of 8 months out for seat covers. I am still in total disbelief of this insane post-covid world we now live in. I need seat covers and would prefer Legendary, but I cannot accept an 8 month lead time. Here's to things getting back to a reasonable level of normal, not the "new" normal that we're all supposed to just accept. :drinkingbud:
Kevin

anlauto

Yup, no sign of the seat covers I ordered in March....I'm not surprised though...they told me Feb 2023  :drunk:

I purchased my first set of seat covers from PG Classic for a 71 Demon I'm restoring....They came in four days...and are being installed right now...I'll post a review when I get them back, a nice comparison to a set of Demon seats from Legendary, installed by the same guy. YES....I have two 71 Demons on the go.... :whiteflag:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

I am going to need seat covers and headliner for my `70 road runner, guess I better order them now. I see PG lists them but they are all black when the accents are supposed to be silver?
https://pgclassic.com/collections/seat-covers/products/7704-ben-c
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

R/T's 4 R/P

I see they recently poster their annual sale...
Probably the best time to buy, but they took a cue from Classic Industries or Year One with the notatation "up to...25%".
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on November 24, 2022, 08:03:57 AM
I see they recently poster their annual sale...
Probably the best time to buy, but they took a cue from Classic Industries or Year One with the notatation "up to...25%".

I wonder what they are quoting as their current "lead time" ? Are they still 6000 orders behind  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

If you're booked ten months out why do you need to offer sale prices?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on November 24, 2022, 11:52:07 AM
If you're booked ten months out why do you need to offer sale prices?

So they can be booked 15 months out... :haha: :haha:

Duodec

I just put together a cart with front and rear upholstery, front seat foam for my '71.  $542 + $366 + $329
Cart shows 15% off coupon for manufactured items (-185.55)

Then $109 for shipping, $21 for oversize, and $116.66 tax (you can tell its ill-a-f*cking-noy from the number of the beast at the end of the tax)

I haven't found what items the 'up to 25% off' gets you 25% on.

As usual Year One excludes everything I'm looking for from discounts or free shipping, so they are even higher.

Wayne

Major bummer...I was going to order new red covers for my seats and they told me 33 weeks out....ugh.  I guess that won't be happening this winter. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

RacerX

I think Legendary has done worked themselves out of a job in the minds of many of us...

At this point I am thinking of giving up on buying anything from them and just giving the
local upholstery guy the work.   I did this a few years ago and had good results.    What
is left of Legendary's reputation isn't really inspiring me to join in on this fiasco they have
created.    Might not be cheaper but I would receive the end result in this lifetime...

anlauto

I don't mind the wait...it's the fact they take my money up front....they must be sitting on a million dollars worth of orders people are waiting for... :looney: not a great business model :bricks: